💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Kylie's 'Light Years' turns 20!

Blake

Featured Posts

EdegwRHVAAEGG4f.jpg

Kylie's triumphant comeback to pop/dance music, the critically acclaimed 'Light Years', turns 20 today! :party:
It was released on Friday 25th September 2000. After her departure from DeCon Records, she returned to her roots in pop. 

It has been certified 4 times platinum in her home country of Australia, and also certified once platinum in the UK. 

The album was also supported by the massively successful 'On A Night Like This Tour' in 2001.

----

THE IMAGERY: 

Spoiler

normal_Vincent_Peters_1_28Copy29.jpg

normal_Vincent_Peters_3.jpg

Vincent_Peters_5.jpg

normal_Vincent_Peters_4.jpg

normal_Vincent_Peters_6.jpg

THE SINGLES/VIDEOS: 

Spoiler

Single #1 - Spinning Around

Kylie_Minogue_Spinning_Around_cover.png

----

Single #2 - On A Night Like This

Kylie_Minogue_-_On_a_Night_Like_This.png

----

Single #3 - Kids (featuring Robbie Williams)

Robbie_Williams_and_Kylie_Minogue_-_Kids

----

Single #4 - Please Stay

Kylie_Minogue_Please_Stay_cover.png

Single #5 - Your Disco Needs You

Kylie_Minogue_-_Your_Disco_Needs_You.png

THE TOUR

Spoiler

(Playlist attached, first video shown here!)

----

Let's discuss this stellar, iconic, and legendary album by my Queen. :whitney:

Yessss! This album has some fire singles! Not a big fan of it overall but some of the songs are such bops!

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

am i the only one that when reads kylie thinks of jenner? titles should be more specific luv 

This has been said MULTIPLE times and will not change. 'Kylie' is the only Kylie, which is Minogue. 

Jenner lost that name battle legally, and such forth has to be referred to as Kylie Jenner on GagaDaily.

X

vyniildisk
Just now, Blake said:

This has been said MULTIPLE times and will not change. 'Kylie' is the only Kylie, which is Minogue. 

Jenner lost that name battle legally, and such forth has to be referred to as Kylie Jenner on GagaDaily.

X

Shocked Rihanna GIF

i better shut my ho mouth next time. 

This album is full of bops, I recommend it to anyone who wanna check out Kylie's discography :flutter:

Also, it's blasphemous that Butterfly was never a single, it could've been as big as Spinning Around and On A Night Like This imo

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

This album is full of bops, I recommend it to anyone who wanna check out Kylie's discography :flutter:

Also, it's blasphemous that Butterfly was never a single, it could've been as big as Spinning Around and On A Night Like This imo

Technically it was a promotional single, and also a club single in the US. But I only really count the main 5 singles from the album tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

am i the only one that when reads kylie thinks of jenner? titles should be more specific luv 

There’s only one superior and that’s Minogue :tony:

Reject False Icons

That album cover looks so fresh, it hasn’t aged a bit. :pray: Many artworks of the year 2000 are obvious from that time.
But this one looks so timeless, I wonder what people though about it on its release :confused:

also the tracks list  is excellent 

whoresup

Was listening to this yesterday. Such a perfect album full of classic Kylie.

I wish I could’ve experienced this album release at the age I am now :tony:

Just bumping this so those overseas can see this and appreciate the amazing anniversary of an amazing album. :whitney:

Archived