Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Cardi B sued for defamation by group she called “Racist MAGA Supporters”

Featured Posts

Cardi B, her sister Hennessy Carolina, and Carolina’s girlfriend Michelle Diaz are all reportedly being sued by a group of beachgoers who claim they’ve been publicly defamed.

The plaintiffs are suing Carolina for assault, battery, defamation, and civil rights violations, and named Cardi and Diaz for defamation and civil rights violations, over an incident that took place on September 6 at Smith Point beach on Fire Island. According to the group’s lawyer John Ray, who spoke with ABC 7 New York, “These peaceful Suffolk County residents were quietly enjoying a Sunday at the Smith Point beach with their families, when rap celebrity Hennessy Carolina suddenly approached them, raging, spitting, insulting, assaulting, defaming, and threatening them, all the while videotaping them because one of them wore a MAGA hat.”

Ray continued, “Then Hennessy, Cardi B, and celebrity model Michelle Diaz deviously edited the videotape and published the edited version all over social media, across the world for all to see, and maliciously falsely labeled these residents and their families as ‘n...s’ and as racists. Real threats of harm were made. They live in fear now. Their reputations have been ruined. We seek substantial damages.”

Carolina shared a video of the altercation on her Instagram Stories on September 6, which her sister then tweeted in a response to Candace Owens’s claim that her music “contributes to the disintegration of black culture and values.” The rapper wrote, “You wanna know why joe gotta talk to me Candice cause I have the #1 song & yet my sister can’t go to the beach in the Hampton’s wit out trump supporters harassing cause they were by themselves & Santa Claus was harassing my sis GF all because they are a Afro/Hispanic gay couple.” She also shared the video in a since-deleted Instagram post, writing, “Meanwhile not only you got racist [MAGA] supporters that are [lynching] ,racist cop shootings and killing black men all cause their leader make them feel like they could do so .My sister couldn’t even park her car today with out this man harassing her girlfriend soon as the camera [came] out they started being sweet.”

Cardi also shared audio recordings of Carolina and Diaz describing the altercation, in which Carolina claimed the group yelled, “get out of here, go to your ****ing country,” after hearing them speak Spanish.

The plaintiffs are holding a press conference at their lawyer’s office today to answer further questions about the incident.

A representative for Cardi B did not immediately respond to request for comment.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/09/cardi-b-maga-supporters-defamation-lawsuit

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Runway said:

Its what they deserve for wearing a MAGA hat. queen of rap never loses

Im sorry no one deserves to be assaulted just wearing a maga hat thats ridiculous and no i am not a trump supporter 

RenegAde

Its hard to believe a well known celeb would pick a fight and  start filming you just cuz you had a maga hat on , i think the plaintiffs must have said something homophobic or racist first. And the legal defence for defamation is "truth"  so...

outtahere12428
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

Its hard to believe a well known celeb would pick a fight and  start filming you just cuz you had a maga hat on , i think the plaintiffs must have said something homophobic or racist first

I’m sure

4 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Its hard to believe a well known celeb would pick a fight and  start filming you just cuz you had a maga hat on , i think the plaintiffs must have said something homophobic or racist first

Yes apparently they told them to "go back to your country" after hearing them speak spanish, there's audio Cardi shared but not sure where it is

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

Girl shut up! Ain't no place for a racist or enabler on this forum! 

Their also no room for your rude af attitude 

joannesrats
4 minutes ago, Suuus said:

No deserves to be assaulted for just wearing a maga hat thats ridiculous and no i am not a trump supporter 

They weren’t assaulted. MAGA hats are a modern day symbol of nationalism, fascism, and racism. It has NO place to be worn in public. It’s the American Swastika and this is not an exaggeration. 

Archived