💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rank Gaga's Best Performances! (Tier List)

Stephen

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I agree but I don't mind because the song is so emotional it feels so raw, like she can't even control her emotions, she's begging you to understand her pain. It works for that song :vegas:

I'm not really into "begging", I'm more into singing and performance, I prefer when the artist achieves to express the pain with restraint and modesty otherwise I think it's to much and almost vulgar if it makes sense. Achieving to express your feelings with elegance and fragility is more heartbreaking imo, I prefer that kind of interpretation. Don't come at me please, it's a question of preference, in no case I question her talent, I love her and she is in my top 3 singer and my favorite performer

Edit: The pain under control, almost about to break is the best thing to break my heart, maybe it's more understandable said like this 

Stephen
2 hours ago, Esteban said:

I'm not really into "begging", I'm more into singing and performance, I prefer when the artist achieves to express the pain with restraint and modesty otherwise I think it's to much and almost vulgar if it makes sense. Achieving to express your feelings with elegance and fragility is more heartbreaking imo, I prefer that kind of interpretation. Don't come at me please, it's a question of preference, in no case I question her talent, I love her and she is in my top 3 singer and my favorite performer

Edit: The pain under control, almost about to break is the best thing to break my heart, maybe it's more understandable said like this 

Not crying to come at you all! Just discussing :heart:

Totally understand what you're saying. I think it works for me because I believe her pain, it feels very genuine to me. I don't see that performance as her attempting to scream and be uber dramatic for the sake of it etc. Instead I see the performance as the emotion just bursting out of her, like she can't hold it inside.. She's so overwhelmed that she can't control her voice. Imagine trying to sing while sobbing or holding back tears. It feels raw and desperate. It's similar to why I love this Dope performance despite a lot of fans not being fond of it. 

But yes it's totally preference and yours is valid. :kara: :pawsup:

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not crying to come at you all! Just discussing :heart:

Totally understand what you're saying. I think it works for me because I believe her pain, it feels very genuine to me. I don't see that performance as her attempting to scream and be uber dramatic for the sake of it etc. Instead I see the performance as the emotion just bursting out of her, like she can't hold it inside.. She's so overwhelmed that she can't control her voice. Imagine trying to sing while sobbing or holding back tears. It feels raw and desperate. It's similar to why I love this Dope performance despite a lot of fans not being fond of it. 

But yes it's totally preference and yours is valid. :kara: :pawsup:

Theorically this IS a wonderful and powerful performance, just seeing her with all the survivors the first time made me emotional  with a lump in my throat during the whole video. But next times my ears talked and told me they didn't like it at all, and I never listened to it again.

I prefer to be careful because sometimes the tone of my comment is misunderstood and it leads to situations that makes me anxious :sweat:  But thank you to be cool :kara:

2 hours ago, Esteban said:

It is a question of preference, yes, but you(in general) as a listener and viewer also have to be able to put yourself in the shoes of a sexual assault survivor having to sing a song about sexual assault from a documentary on the same subject with 50 other survivors sharing the world's biggest stage with you, all this while being watched by millions of people not just around the US but around the world. Where would the elegance and fragility come from and why should it when you have all that going with you? There's a tonne of anger and pain that she's channeling and projecting through her voice. It's not as easy.

Her performance was 100% raw emotion and she didn't even miss a note anywhere. Unrestrained emotion is what makes it a highlight performance. Besides she is known for and respected for being one of the most passionate performers of modern day history. 

You can have your preferences obviously and are entitled to your own opinion but there's no way she could achieve the same effect with "elegance and fragility".

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

19 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

It is a question of preference, yes, but you(in general) as a listener and viewer also have to be able to put yourself in the shoes of a sexual assault survivor having to sing a song about sexual assault from a documentary on the same subject with 50 other survivors sharing the world's biggest stage with you, all this while being watched by millions of people not just around the US but around the world. Where would the elegance and fragility come from and why should it when you have all that going with you? There's a tonne of anger and pain that she's channeling and projecting through her voice. It's not as easy.

Her performance was 100% raw emotion and she didn't even miss a note anywhere. Unrestrained emotion is what makes it a highlight performance. Besides she is known for and respected for being one of the most passionate performers of modern day history. 

You can have your preferences obviously and are entitled to your own opinion but there's no way she could achieve the same effect with "elegance and fragility".

Yes that's why I added in another comment 

"Theorically this IS a wonderful and powerful performance, just seeing her with all the survivors the first time made me emotional  with a lump in my throat during the whole video. But next times my ears talked and told me they didn't like it at all, and I never listened to it again."

I can't help but not really like, when it comes strictly to my musical taste, her performance. And now I know that I prefer fragile and clear voices for this kind of song and for expressing raw emotion. But I know the background very well and it was a strong moment! 

Edit: Mylene Farmer, Austra or Auri are good examples of voices that I prefer when it comes to emotions, I prefer Gaga for other things

Archived