💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Melanie Martinez - After School EP

Zedd

Featured Posts

DOJA CAT
3 hours ago, Helxig said:

You know what song I think fits perfectly on this album? Piggyback! I think Piggyback was a teaser of this direction, which kinda came out in K-12, but that album was still half written during the Crybsby era. 
also Recess fits with this sound to me!

Yep I agree, Piggyback is very personal and all these songs seem to be more into her personal realm then Crybaby's

thank u, next

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed this!:tony: It’s not as good as K-12 imo, but it’s still a great EP! Test Me and The Bakery were my faves 

What you want Lady GagađŸ„‚ What you want with ChristinađŸ„‚

I just wanna throw this out there: Some of Melanie's favourite artists are Tierra Whack and Fiona Apple and I can definitely hear their influence on her recent stuff!

Also visually she's inspired by Alice In Wonderland and Tim Burton which makes a lot of sense too!

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Rudz Xinc

Numbers is her worst song ever, it annoyed the **** out of me, I couldn't even finish it.

I'm so disappointed by this EP. :madge:

I only like The Bakery, Notebook, and Field Trip.

Look at those clowns

i don't know how i feel with this EP. Maybe i'll make a revisit of this EP soon haha.
i don't like "Brain & Heart".

My favorites are "Test Me" - "Numbers" and "The Bakery"

I think "Fire Drill" fit good as the intro of the EP. 

On first listen i'll give it a 6/10.

I've loved both of Melanie Martinez's albums, all of her EP's, her extra releases, her unreleased demos and I even saw her in concert last year. It was phenomenal.

But this EP is unlistenable.

DOJA CAT
14 hours ago, Helxig said:

You know what song I think fits perfectly on this album? Piggyback! I think Piggyback was a teaser of this direction, which kinda came out in K-12, but that album was still half written during the Crybsby era. 
also Recess fits with this sound to me!

Re-re-relistening, Brain & Heart defs has a strong Piggyback vibe to it. I wonder if Piggyback could have been put on this project if the allegations never happened and that she rush released it at the time. Or she was making these songs at the same time, and emulated that similar vibe into Piggyback

thank u, next

4 hours ago, SOYEON said:

Re-re-relistening, Brain & Heart defs has a strong Piggyback vibe to it. I wonder if Piggyback could have been put on this project if the allegations never happened and that she rush released it at the time. Or she was making these songs at the same time, and emulated that similar vibe into Piggyback

I think the second one! She started writing K-12 way back in 2015-2016 right after Crybaby and her sound has been evolving since. That’s why K-12 is kinda a blend between her old sound and new sound. But she wrote Piggyback in early 2018 when she was already using her new sound. 
I remember at the time thinking “okay so Piggyback has a very different sound to Crybaby, but she just wrote it now, so this must be a preview of her new direction” 

PawsUpJago

Oh wow, the taste in here 😬

It's pretty muchđŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„

Brain and Heart is so gorgeous and the J-Lo sample is perfect, her instrumentation style really could fit with this more late 90s/ early 2000s R&B going forward, I'd like to see it.

But what's knew with this crowd, always wanting and expecting regressive rehashes or carbon copies of artists early works. Not shocked đŸ€­

6 hours ago, PawsUpJago said:

Oh wow, the taste in here 😬

It's pretty muchđŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ”„

Brain and Heart is so gorgeous and the J-Lo sample is perfect, her instrumentation style really could fit with this more late 90s/ early 2000s R&B going forward, I'd like to see it.

But what's knew with this crowd, always wanting and expecting regressive rehashes or carbon copies of artists early works. Not shocked đŸ€­

Well she has cited Brandy as a huge influence for her in the past! She was obsessed with her growing up and also listened to a lot of R&B and rap with her father. 

Rubber Hunk
On 9/24/2020 at 10:55 PM, Brecht said:

Her last album was kind of a dud, is this any better?

wrong donald trump GIF

(k-12 being a dud is wrong)

Just finished listening to Afterschool for second time, Brain and Heart, Glued and Bakery are my stand-outs. It’s very short though, definitely more of an extension of the K-12 era, as the title sorta suggests. Which is fine. 

I love this woman’s art so much.

Archived