Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was the hate for Taylor's ME! justified?

Buddy Zen

Featured Posts

I don't know about you guys, but for me - it's quite a ****in bop, tbh. 

I always felt like the haters (and GP :bear:) just didn't get the joke behind it like they did with SIO. It seems like people did too much describing it as childish. I'm 27 yo myself and I don't see any problems with the song. The lyrics are relatable and mature even when you include the "hey kids, spelling is fun" which relates to the song's catchy hook - the play of words "you can't spell awesome without me".

Taylor really did pull all of aces out of her sleeve - brought to the game Joel Little (Lorde's Pure Heroin), Brendon Urie (GP's fan favorite) and Dave Meyers (the visuals are outstanding) AND it got the lead single treatment/privilege.

Was it really not enough to overcome the "me-e-e, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh" overral hate?

Was it right to let the song fade? :yennefer:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give her credit for it's message but the sound is so childish

It's sounded like kids bop, I literally thought it was a soundtrack for a Disney movie when I first heard it

Cringy at parts too, like the spelling is fun part

:oops:

When is hate towards something inoffensive justified :bear: 

Never. You can dislike it all you want and thats fine and you can criticize but „hating“ is never the answer. 

also people still quote spelling is fun THE IMPACT :firega:

Musery

No! It's an absolute bop, and it's a fun kind of song that's not meant to be taken super seriously. And it's the twin sister song of Shake It Off. People were mostly hating on the song because of "Hey kids! Spelling is fun" :sweat:

Just now, KARMA said:

I give her credit for it's message but the sound is so childish

It's sounded like kids bop, I literally thought it was a soundtrack for a Disney movie when I first heard it

:oops:

She followed the concept that lead singles should be a little more generic, radio-friendly etc.

also is that Joe Alwyn in your avi? :ally: you better not give little alwynsters a bad rep by creating troll threads :haroon:

Musery

Babylon98

Shake it off is melodically/ harmonically (is that a word?) and instrumentally a lot more interesting than MEh. I stan Taylor and I was so underwhelmed with me, not because it's childish in the way that shake it off is, but because it really isn't a great song. 

Well, I don't like it but I don't dislike it either, it's an okay song. It doesn't deserve hate but not praise either.

Archived