Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Katy chose clowns instead of NRO's aesthetic?

Buddy Zen

Featured Posts

Hi! 

NRO's music video is Katy's most visually pleasing work yet. I wonder why she didn't go with that style for the newly released album? 

She should've gone with ‘70s-inspired boho-chic aesthetic - exploring illuminati sphere, achieving mental zen, therapeutic New Age concept, fortune-telling and star signs.

Katy-Perry-Never-Really-Over-Video.jpg

... instead she chose a clown theme. Why? I don't get it -.-

PoliticalSoupyJunebug-size_restricted.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
outtahere12428

it really doesn’t fit the album at all but we know katy isn’t the best when it comes to taste 

4 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

I guess you have to ask her :poot: 

Well, she doesn't answer. :bear:

I'm asking you guys, instead.

Because she just got the Haus Labs Stupid Love Palette™ and wanted to have fun with it

ELl7Bt_XYAAWXL-.jpg

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

4 minutes ago, breakourstigmas said:

it really doesn’t fit the album at all but we know katy isn’t the best when it comes to taste 

And so are the yes men around her I guess.

Teletubby

I think she got pregnant and was so happy that decided to make it about getting smile back and being happy 

I hoped that she will continue story from NRO in next videos but sadly it didn't happen

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

I agree with the OP, the whole clown theme doesn’t match the album, I guess she wanted to play it safe but it turned out to be a big fail, sadly.

pop ate my heart

right??? it makes no sense. not that i'm surprised tho, it's KP after all lol

but back when she released HIH, it really seemed like the aesthetic was going somewhere. it seemed cohesive and honestly very pretty. but she just went ahead and ruined it as usual :ladyhaha:

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Cameltoe Chariot

Katy has consistently chosen comedy and what her team thinks is "camp" to lead her public image. Almost all of her videos are in the same vein as most of P!nk's videos, Blink 182's All The Small Things or Eminem's Real Slim Shady. She grew up in a time when pop videos were made to be cheesy teen comedy films condensed into a 3 minute clip and that clearly resonated with her. :bear:

Its really too bad - NRO was a bold step in the right direction and caught the eye of many... only for her to completely ditch it and go back to her Glee-esque roots. Oh well. :billie:

8 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I think she got pregnant and was so happy that decided to make it about getting smile back and being happy 

I hoped that she will continue story from NRO in next videos but sadly it didn't happen

This still applies to the NRO theme. A therapeutic recovery to bring the joy back.

And by the way - Daises MV kinda fits the aesthetic I'm talking about - ironically it was made thanks to the restrictions, lol.

Archived