Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Katy chose clowns instead of NRO's aesthetic?

Buddy Zen

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I don't think the Circus/Smile theme was even around when she released Never Really Over. That was a year ago and she was just testing the waters with random singles. I also think it'd have been similar to that Prism aesthetic so probably that.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, she has always been RIGHT ON THE MONEY with her album aesthetics and themes. This is the first one that didn’t make a ton of sense, but it’s still cool! Let her have it :)

33 minutes ago, Buddy Zen said:

She should've gone with ‘70s-inspired boho-chic aesthetic - exploring illuminati sphere, achieving mental zen, therapeutic New Age concept, fortune-telling and star signs.

Reading this almost gave me an orgasm :mark:

Well clowns are typically painted smiles on their faces along with tear drops, hence coincides with what Katy was talking about the album being about “Smiling even though you don’t want to” dancing the pain away tease.

I liked the aesthetic the promo photos were really pretty. I loovvveed the NRO 70s flower power aesthetic she had I wish she kept it but oh well

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

15 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't think the Circus/Smile theme was even around when she released Never Really Over. That was a year ago and she was just testing the waters with random singles. I also think it'd have been similar to that Prism aesthetic so probably that.

It was all thanks to miss Philippa Price, the director of the MV. She wanted to switch things a little bit, but I guess she kinda failed with helping Katy find her inner taste that she could sustain for a little bit longer.

Karen Smith

I don't get it. NRO was pretty. But Katy Perry as a clown is cringe. I love her, but I think like she wanted to be funny but it doesn't work unfortunately. I hope she'll take break and she'll come back in few years stronger than ever. If no, it'll be very sad because she used to be an icon. 

holy scheisse

I almost get the impression that she's aware of all the negative feedback she's been getting since witness and wanted to like "get in on the joke" by making herself out to be a clown (also a popular term lately for a fool). So she's like embracing being reduced to a clown by owning it lol. They can't laugh at me if I laugh at myself -esque tbh

6 minutes ago, Little99 said:

I don't get it. NRO was pretty. But Katy Perry as a clown is cringe. I love her, but I think like she wanted to be funny but it doesn't work unfortunately. I hope she'll take break and she'll come back in few years stronger than ever. If no, it'll be very sad because she used to be an icon. 

Which is funny because she still makes music and visuals for kids although her original core fans abandoned her, cause they aren't kids anymore instead they perfectly fit into NRO aesthetic target - they are late millenials and first Z generations now  and they are into that mental zen, fortune-telling, making amends with themselves stuff. I'm basically one of them, lol.

3 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I almost get the impression that she's aware of all the negative feedback she's been getting since witness and wanted to like "get in on the joke" by making herself out to be a clown (also a popular term lately for a fool). So she's like embracing being reduced to a clown by owning it lol. They can't laugh at me if I laugh at myself -esque tbh

I get the vibe, it would be cool, but people are over it and she should get over with the past fails, too. Instead she should've came back in full force and serve a full NRO's climate album. 

Changing the faith > Accepting it.

holy scheisse
Just now, Buddy Zen said:

Which is funny because she still makes music and visuals for kids although her original core fans abandoned her, cause they aren't kids anymore instead they perfectly fit into NRO aesthetic target - they are late millenials and first Z generations now  and they are into that mental zen, fortune-telling, making amends with themselves stuff. I'm basically one of them, lol.

I get the vibe, it would be cool, but people are over it and she should get over with the past fails, too. Instead she should've came back in full force and serve a full NRO's climate album. 

Changing the faith > Accepting it.

Agree. If I'm right about why she's portraying herself with clown imagery, it's kinda sad she let the negative opinions of others get her to reduce herself to a joke. But then again, a cornerstone of her brand is humor and being silly ... So idk

SpiritBunny

She clearly didn’t have a concept for the album and just made stuff up as she went along. That’s why the album is so boring and the aesthetics changed so much from NRO to the album release.

Nuggets

The clown photoshoots were done even before NRO was released ^ 

Favorite McDonald's Snack

Archived