💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did you know that Just Dance and...

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

...the song "Girl Next Door" from Swedish singer-songwriter Darin have a similar instrumental and production? Similar synths, bassline and chord progression. The only major noticeable differences being the tempo and the melodies, with JD being the better produced, sung and an overall catchier song obviously.

The reason is because both are produced by RedOne and this song was on Darin's fourth studio album "Flashback" (album released December 2008) while JD was released in April 2008. RedOne probably recycled and tweaked some stems and parts from JD and then used them to compose the instrumental for this.

This mashup shows how the JD acapella can fit perfectly over GND's instrumental and the similarity is more striking here.

Goes on to show that you need more than just a well produced track to make it big in the industry and become a global force :yennefer:

Bonus video: here's a side-by-side comparison of the two songs

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

3 minutes ago, Doot said:

This song is a bop. :laughga:

But yeah that's an interesting tidbit. Nice find. 

It's a bop but is it Just Dance? One of the biggest and most influential debut singles of all time? Hmmm??

tenor.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

It's a bop but is it Just Dance? One of the biggest and most influential debut singles of all time?

tenor.gif

Technically it was first. :lolga:

Agunimon

RedOne, king of producing some absolute diamond bangers and also 100 songs that sound exactly the same. There could be 100 RedOne productions in a room

10 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

also 100 songs that sound exactly the same

Which is why her work with Garibay, DJWS and their combination is some of my more preferred. RedOne is known to reuse and recycle a lot and that's also a big reason why TF is probably my least fav album of hers because of how same-y RedOne made the whole album. He stepped up in TFM tho.

Agunimon
Just now, HybridAT said:

Which is why her work with Garibay, DJWS and their combination is some of my more preferred. RedOne is known to sample and recycle a lot and that's also a big reason why TF is probably my least fav album of hers because of how same-y RedOne made the whole album. He stepped up in TFM tho.

I'm a Garibay stan. I wish they'd settle what happened between them and worked together again. 

6 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I'm a Garibay stan. I wish they'd settle what happened between them and worked together again. 

Yeah. I get the impression by what she has said in different interviews, he isn't a humble collaborator and didn't give her and others the due production credit for BTW where they deserved. He probably made her feel less in some way and was maybe condescending too at times?

Anyway, stan MTN and TEOG.

23 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

RedOne, king of producing some absolute diamond bangers and also 100 songs that sound exactly the same. There could be 100 RedOne productions in a room

agree, I'd like to believe Gaga was actually the mastermind behind her hits and RedOne only tried to replicate her formula on other artists, that's why his solo work is so generic, I understand why she barely worked with him after TFM

Lord Temptation

Thank god Gaga knows how to write songs and melodies, coz despite that instrumental’s similarities to Just Dance, it was not pleasant to listen to :bye:

Smother Em Eh

Wow that song sounds like a cheap generic knock off and like it’s messing something. Thank god for Gaga and her mind for making quality pop songs!

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

RedOne puts that damn trumpet in every song

I mean it works so well and is iconic in Just Dance

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Where is LG7

he really loves his production back then where he could slip it in to one track onto another .. and maybe till now?

I mean... that trumpet/horn sound is totally RedOne signature :selena:

this also gives me flashbacks to his work with Kat De Luna - Calling You vs Gaga's Poker Face :enigma:

Archived