💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Favorite Final Fantasy?

shoful

Favorite Final Fantasy  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Final Fantasy game?

• FF I through VI
    • FF VII/Remake
    • FF VIII
    • FFIX
    • FF X/X-2
    • FF XI
    • FF XII
    • FF XIII/XIII-2/LR
    • FF XIV
    • FF XV

Featured Posts

After the announcement of Final Fantasy XVI, i've been super amped about the series!

I've even been looking into potentially replaying 13 and finally getting Lightning Returns, were these games any good, I know a lot of people give them ****.

SO discuss which final fantasy is your favorite and why?

final fantasy lightning GIFfinal fantasy GIFfinal fantasy cactus GIF

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

My first Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy 2 for Super Nintendo (it was FF4 in America :ally:). So for nostalgia it is that

I play piano and I play Piano Collections from Final Fantasy so you know it's real :wtfga:

VI

Because Kefka is the greatest ever video game villain, and Yoshitaka Amano is among the best ever character designers.

57606b29b19d1ad8ae07547440f9c20c.jpg

Final Fantasy X/X-2 although X-2 was a bit meh but fun and had a great third act imo. FFX remains on par with VII as the best of the series tbh

3 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Final Fantasy X/X-2 although X-2 was a bit meh but fun and had a great third act imo. FFX remains on par with VII as the best of the series tbh

Should I get the remastered version. Ive never played it

6 minutes ago, shoful said:

Should I get the remastered version. Ive never played it

It depends on what experience you want tbh, I bought the remaster because I owned a zillion versions of the originals from their original releases and the graphics are great BUT the face tracking and emotions are pretty much gone in the remaster where as the original has the emotive faces and the original score which hits me. If you want to play the game with it’s original feel and you are from Europe or Asia then I suggest get the original PS2 versions, but if you want the features and  if you’re in the US the remaster has the features, summons and storylines you missed out on in the original release.

I play both and the battle theme, environments and textures are way better but the emotion and score overall feels better in the original. But if you have never played it before that might not make a difference. As a hardcore FFX fan id say if you can, play the OG 2001 PS2 version but it’s really upto you, id suggest the remaster if you never got the international features like the celestial weapons, expert sphere grid (which is the better of the two imo), Anima, the Magus Sisters and Penance 

malazam

FF XII, is my fav of them all! FXIII was good too! But I didn't finish it. I want them on phone :ohno:

another shot before we kiss the other side

PrinceOfTheStorm

Final Fantasy VI is one of the greatest RPGs ever made and I'll defend that. This game is phenomenal!

FF6.0.jpg

signing out

4 minutes ago, gagzus said:

It depends on what experience you want tbh, I bought the remaster because I owned a zillion versions of the originals from their original releases and the graphics are great BUT the face tracking and emotions are pretty much gone in the remaster where as the original has the emotive faces and the original score which hits me. If you want to play the game with it’s original feel and you are from Europe or Asia then I suggest get the original PS2 versions, but if you want the features and  if you’re in the US the remaster has the features, summons and storylines you missed out on in the original release.

I play both and the battle theme, environments and textures are way better but the emotion and score overall feels better in the original. But if you have never played it before that might not make a difference. As a hardcore FFX fan id say if you can, play the OG 2001 PS2 version but it’s really upto you, id suggest the remaster if you never got the international features like the celestial weapons, expert sphere grid (which is the better of the two imo), Anima, the Magus Sisters and Penance 

I live in the US (RIP :emma:) and don’t have a PS2 so if I were to play it Id probably only be looking at the Remaster version just because it’s more accessible to me! Was something removed from the Asia and Europe version to the US version?

Reginald

X, XII, 7R, XIV. 

All of them, to be honest. This short list is totally dismissing how incredible the classic games are. FF has come so far since I was a kid. 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

5 minutes ago, malazam said:

FF XII, is my fav of them all! FXIII was good too! But I didn't finish it. I want them on phone :ohno:

I’ve never played an actual video game on my phone is it just as fun? I feel likeit would be hard with a game like FF without a controller. 

Do you think is she buy FF13 again? I never finished it but loved 2 and jever got to play LR because I sold my ps3 for a ps4 at that point

4 minutes ago, GovernmentHookah said:

FF7 will always be my favorite game of all time.

Did u play the remake?

IX, though VII Remake and VI are basically tied with it. In some ways, I think VII Remake and VI might actually be better overall games, but I'm partial to IX. Those three are definitely on a tier all their own, though.

Edited to add reasons why, lol.

IX is my favorite, quite simply, because it's probably the most delightful world--it's the setting I most want to lose myself in. And the set of characters I most want to get lost with. It feels like a bedtime story and there's a comfort and charm in both the world and characters that none of the other games quite match.

VI is definitely a product of a different era--they really started investing in better localizations with VIII, and I think the move to PS sort of represented a shift to even more detailed (though not always more "successful") storytelling. All that said, VI's cast of characters remains one of the most nuanced. Terra and Celes in particular are among the better characters in the entire series. And the

Spoiler

World of Balance/World of Ruin twist remains an incredibly bold and visionary bit of game design. Literally losing almost the entire cast and leaving it up to you who you reconnect with is a really compelling development.

I live for those kind of design decisions that completely recontextualize a game in unexpected ways.

And I suppose that note sort of holds true for VII Remake, too 

Spoiler

I know the ending is quite divisive, but I thought it was brilliant. It could have easily been cheesy or cheap, or undermined the game's politics, but the way they frame the meta-turn the game takes actually, in my opinion, accentuates the game's political themes and handles the questions it raises with great care. I have no idea whether Nomura will screw it up moving forward (I think there's a strong chance of that, actually, lol), but as a complete work by itself, I think VII Remake is a stunning success and a masterpiece. Not to mention the genuinely solid writing (I think this is probably the best written game in the series, line-by-line). Tifa and Aerith become such wonderfully round characters in this new retelling.

Archived