Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No wonder Gaga failed..

Madame Goo Goo

Featured Posts

Madame Goo Goo

In her interviews for promoting Chromatica, she discusses Joanne and how she made that album to heal her father/family and how she made Chromatica to heal herself. In fact, she states failing to heal her father put her in even deeper pain and she realized that could never be done. According to Gaga, Joanne is an album for her father. (primary references: Zane Lowe and CBS interviews)

There are two (maybe three) songs on this album about family - Joanne, Million Reasons, and (maybe) Sinner's Prayer. And even then, the only song that is very obviously about family is Joanne. Million Reasons and Sinner's Prayer could also be seen as songs about romance. So that leaves us 10 other songs on this album for her father meant to heal him and the family.

Diamond Heart is a song about Gaga chasing the American dream and her days as a Go-go dancer. A-Yo and John Wayne are about sex/boys. Dancin' In Circle is about masturbation. Perfect Illusion is about heartbreak. Come to Mama and Angel Down are about social justice. Grigio Girls is about Sonja. Just Another Day is about Mark. 

No wonder she failed. Literally most of the album has nothing to do with her family. Did Gaga forget what songs are on this album? Does she think the tracklist is just Joanne and Million Reasons over again or something? 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

i misunderstood your whole post so I deleted my comment

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

I don't think Joanne was purely based on the actual person Joanne, and her attempt to heal her father's grief. 

I think Joe started to go down a path which was a hard contrast from Gaga's values (Trump, his employee money stuff, etc) and the album was her attempt to hopefully heal her strained relationship with him. 

And it didn't work. 

BillieGOAT

Hmm I think she meant that her making an album in Joanne’s honor was to help bring peace to her father and make him feel better about her passing. That’s what failed.

I don’t think she wrote Dancin In Circles to heal her father:smh:

Modern Ecstasy2

You can’t heal another person entirely on your own. We can be part of someone’s healing journey, but we don’t have that kind of power on our own. The reason why she “failed” at healing her father is because that isn’t something that can happen if the person needing healing can’t or won’t do their share of the work.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Modern Ecstasy2
1 minute ago, S0436 said:

She should’ve named the album Stefani Joanne :awkney:

But you’re not wrong :ohwell:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

dynamite

I see what you mean but just because it was for her father doesn't mean that every individual song has to be directly about family. It was in Joanne and Joe's honour and a way to heal him through the music, whatever the subject. The album concept was based around Joanne.

Here she refers to the song, not the album: https://www.music-news.com/news/UK/101186/Lady-Gaga-Joanne-brought-my-dad-back-to-life

Either way Joanne is a great album.

derpmonster

I think you're reading Joanne way too literally. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ToxicHot

I get your point, but some of you forget that the title Joanne is actually referring to her middle name, so it’s like showing the world a different and much more personal side to her. And one of the most important themes of the album IS her family, but obviously not every song is about it.

I HATE when people say "she wrote an album about/dedicated to her dead aunt" or whatever. :saladga: Obviously that's not true, only the song "Joanne" is directly referring to her aunt.

Not gonna lie, I don't think "naming an album after your dead aunt" makes much sense. As I said before, it's mostly referring to her middle name and is basically a self-titled album without it actually being titled "Lady Gaga". And I love that. It works.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Lord Temptation

An album is not a failure unless it fails to inspire. So even though it may not have healed Joe, it undoubtedly inspired him to confront how his pain - and refusal to acknowledge that he bad been carrying it - has endured intergenerationally through his own daughter. 

And not just that but why are people assuming that that is the only thing the album was about, instead of one of many things? It’s a very complex album, so to try to give it a single purpose, even if Gaga has only publicly stated that one reason, there may be millions of reasons why she made Joanne.

Who knows, maybe she was also trying to make an album about America?

Archived