💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No wonder Gaga failed..

Madame Goo Goo

Featured Posts

Madame Goo Goo
1 hour ago, organic salad said:

Uh, no. Gaga wrote the SONG, Joanne, inspired by her aunt, with Mark R. She played it for her grandma in her DOCUMENTARY. (Her dad walked out, remember??)

She decided to name the album after her aunt as a TRIBUTE. The rest of the album had NOTHING to do with her aunt. Some people name their boat after their late mom, you know? 

Her aunt died young and never got to be the artist she'd wanted to be. Maybe Gaga thought naming an album after her - and sharing Joanne's story WITH THE WORLD - would make her dad feel better. :heart:

Of course it didn't. As she's since found out, it's NOT all about Lady Gaga. She can't fix herself, much less her dad!

You didn't understand my post at all, but thats ok.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pop ate my heart

it seems like it's the worst crime if you talk negatively about Joanne when it's in fact a personal failure for Gaga (stated by herself), which left her mentally n the darkest place possible. And some of yall are trying to reinterpret what she clearly says in interviews into something else... get over it. Even her grandma (Joanne's mother) clearly cringed a bit when Gaga showed her Joanne the song in 5ft2, but go ahead, stay in denial...

having said that, I actually agree with OP, even tho those interpretations of DIC, DH and the other songs they mentioned are a bit narrowminded lol.

and I don't get why some ppl here still think Joanne it's her most personal album when Gaga herself said it wasn't.. and it's pretty clear. just because it's sonically stripped down for her doesn't mean it's the most personal lol. Based on what she says everytime she mentions the album, she kinda regrets it/is embarrassed by it, because it didn't come from a genuine place. she wasn't being herself, she was lost... and we all could see that and that's ok. I'm very glad she's back and she's happy with herself again as an artist and as a person.♡

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

MANiCURE 6
3 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

This actually made me laugh. Now I'm imagining Joe listening to DIC 😭

And crying "this is so beautiful Stefani... :bradley: So deep...:bradley:"

Well she had to say something in those long interviews, an album like Joanne needed a story behind....

Bella Goth

i think by gaga means joanne is not just the album, but the process & journey of making the album, she put her family first, she stated herself as joanne whole era, to show her father IF joanne still alive she would be a great artist as her daughter. you know she named after her late aunt's name, you know the preasure

not a french fry
2 hours ago, organic salad said:

She played it for her grandma in her DOCUMENTARY. (Her dad walked out, remember??)

Her dad walked out of the room when she played Joanne for the first time?:air:

sorry I still haven’t watch FF2:lolga:

social experiment gone wrong

giskardsb
2 minutes ago, come to papa said:

Sometimes the act of giving the gift is more than the gift itself.

the statement that Gaga "failed" is complete disrespect IMO.   People keep measure things against "Stan" measures, whereas Gaga's motivations at any given time as the artist are usually completely different.   She writes according to her needs as an artist at any given time.

The people who say "she wrote an album about her aunt" clearly didn't pay attention to the album :awkney:

Also, her quote really was malinterpreted in a thousand different ways :awkney:

And there are more personal songs other than MR, Joanne and SP 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Meh. Obviously she means the song Joanne and the fact that she named the album Joanne. You're reading too much into her comments.

Joanne is also about her, and how she feels that Joanne's spirit lives through her - for some reason she was hesitant to say this during the album promotion, but she's said it in earlier interviews. That's why she says "Call me Joanne".

Thank You. It was just a kind tribute and Gaga hoped it would have gone over better, with her close family who lost her, even though they'd have known that Gaga had never met her. Gaga just wanted to touch them and maybe trying to do that is like trying to move an unmoving wall, it just couldn't happen, not even with the time passed. They probably don't even like to talk about it and especially not publicly, so it got awkward. But, I am sure that they knew what Gaga was doing and that her heart was in the right place. Death is a very uncomfortable thing for most and we'd rather not even have to confront it, feelings are terrible to even explain and her Dad may be one of those men who deal with it awkwardly and silently.

Joanne is a gorgeously pure song, very special and it's great that she did this tribute to her Aunt and that spirit and family love. It is not a failure.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

I love how this is an album where she is able to connect with family with the terms of dealing with life. I know we had a hint of this with Edge of Glory and glad that she was able to really get this out in a moment in her life when needed it. So much was going on and this I can feel as a way to remember her authenticate self with going through life and growing up. 

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

Madame Goo Goo
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

the statement that Gaga "failed" is complete disrespect IMO.   People keep measure things against "Stan" measures, whereas Gaga's motivations at any given time as the artist are usually completely different.   She writes according to her needs as an artist at any given time.

I am only reiterated what Gaga has said in several interviews. She has stated several times in the Chromatica era that she felt she failed at healing her father through Joanne. This thread is analyzing the album, and seeing why it did not heal her father. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Archived