💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No wonder Gaga failed..

Madame Goo Goo

Featured Posts

1. Joanne has that country/classic rock sound, which is in line with her father's taste.

2. Diamond Heart also talks about her daddy issues

3. Her father is a Trump supporter, Come to Mama and Angel Down can also be about healing her father and making him realise Trump is ****.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point of Joanne isn't just the music and the individual songs girl, it's much more than that I —

She wanted to strip the makeup, the outfits, the wigs and the extravagance to just try to have a genuine moment of connection with her family. When she says in her recent interview "I can't go to the grocery store or have dinner with my family without it being about me", that's what Joanne is about and what she wanted to do with it.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Reality

Gaga writing DIC thinking that it's going to have a profound effect on her strained relationship with her father

tenor.gif?itemid=15616624

🖤👹

Modern Ecstasy2
2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

She wanted to strip the makeup, the outfits, the wigs and the extravagance to just try to have a genuine moment of connection with her family

While singing about masturbation and the types of men she is attracted to :vegas:

We love to see it 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

SHALLOW

I never like Joanne’s concept either yet it’s my 2nd fave from Gaga cause the first half of it sounds amazing. I couldn’t live without JW,MR and A-Yo 

the concept of the album failed when she decided to put a song about having sex and masturbating on it :billie:

I like dancin', and ponies....

2 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

While singing about masturbation and the types of men she is attracted to :vegas:

We love to see it 

I mean, that's the Gaga touch for you. If you don't expect a weird left turn in a simple looking Lady Gaga album then, it's not a Lady Gaga album.

Joanne is larger than its theme and sound. It's her way to distance herself from the larger-than-life character that is Lady Gaga and find a moment for her family and loved ones.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Madame Goo Goo

I love Joanne by the way, this is not a hate thread toward the album but moreso a thread about how Gaga has been talking about it during the Chromatica era.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

RichAssPiss

I love her but she mythologizes herself as she goes. At the time she described Joanne as her most personal album and the songs reflect that. Certainly there are ties to family in there. And a desire to heal her family's pain. But this new idea it was all for her father is unique to the Chromatica campaign and feels like how she is either telling us (or herself, or both) the story of Joanne. And that's fine, but it's really her finessing her career into a narrative that sells Chromatica as something special.

giskardsb
25 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

In her interviews for promoting Chromatica, she discusses Joanne and how she made that album to heal her father/family and how she made Chromatica to heal herself. In fact, she states failing to heal her father put her in even deeper pain and she realized that could never be done. According to Gaga, Joanne is an album for her father. (primary references: Zane Lowe and CBS interviews)

There are two (maybe three) songs on this album about family - Joanne, Million Reasons, and (maybe) Sinner's Prayer. And even then, the only song that is very obviously about family is Joanne. Million Reasons and Sinner's Prayer could also be seen as songs about romance. So that leaves us 10 other songs on this album for her father meant to heal him and the family.

Diamond Heart is a song about Gaga chasing the American dream and her days as a Go-go dancer. A-Yo and John Wayne are about sex/boys. Dancin' In Circle is about masturbation. Perfect Illusion is about heartbreak. Come to Mama and Angel Down are about social justice. Grigio Girls is about Sonja. Just Another Day is about Mark. 

No wonder she failed. Literally most of the album has nothing to do with her family. Did Gaga forget what songs are on this album? Does she think the tracklist is just Joanne and Million Reasons over again or something? 

its not just about family its about relationships in various forms, this is pretty obvious IMO.   Even the maligned DIC, which people keep looking at the surface level as "about masturbation", is more about longing and aching for connection with another person.    

IMO your initial assumption that every song in Joanne is supposed to be about her own personal nuclear Family is incorrect.

The problem with many anti-Joanne arguments on GGD is that they setup strawman assumptions about Gaga's motivation and then proceed to claim she didn't hit her objectives, and many people are not bothering to look past surface level on the songs especially if it suits their argument.  Especially DIC, which people claim is "just about masturbation" as a way of attacking the entire album concept.

QueenGaga

People here talking **** abt DIC and its concept. The songs also about how dancing in cirlces helps her with her chronic pains. Its not just a mindless horny song, its as personal as it gets :dom:

TimisaMonster

Seems Joanne was a way for her to try and fix other peoples problems instead of dealing with her own issues which Chromatica is about...

Remember when Bloodpop said Gaga played him music and it didn't sound like a "Gaga" track and talking about nothing really important...well....I'm sorry but that was all of Joanne to me. It was soooo left field and the country-esque sound was so forced it completely disconnected me as a fan for a few years...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

HausOfAntonio

I literally think about this every day :enigma: I was considering making a thread but never got to it actually.

As much as I love Joanne, the whole narrative of it being so deeply personal and directed towards family issues kinda falls apart at the seams when you analyse the subject matter of the majority of the songs.

But knowing what we know about Gaga's father's political views, maybe when she says "heal him" she means as an attempt to make him see the world through her eyes and reconsider his politics? That would explain CTM and AD being about social justice, DIC, DH and HG being about female liberation, PI being about contemporary society, and JW and A-YO being about sexual freedom.

Archived