💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

It was Gaga's idea to reference Armenian filmmaker Parajanov for 911 MV

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

"I told her the idea [over Zoom], and by the end she said there can be no other idea, this is the idea. I got up and started bumping the air and jumping around, and I looked back and she was crying. I was like, f*ck, this is a lot more personal to her than I realized. Then she said there was a filmmaker’s visual style that she liked. I think she mispronounced his name. I said, ‘Are you saying Parajanov?’ And she said yes…. At that time, I hadn’t decided if I was going to go with another filmmaker’s style, but this was a meeting of the minds, so we just left it. "

https://ew.com/music/lady-gaga-911-music-video-tarsem-singh-interview/

Basically the video's visual direction was guided by Gaga's idea to reference Parajanov's work in The Color of Pomegranates

lady-gaga-3.png?resize=778,659&ssl=1

Queen of avant-garde and a true student and appreciator of ART :applause:

Little Discrediters who give her too little credit found dead in a ditch :queenga:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiskoBaby

We been knowing she likes avant garde art. Bad Romance, Born This Way, Applause all say hi. This is not shocking that she came up with it.

22 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

We been knowing she likes avant garde art. Bad Romance, Born This Way, Applause all say hi. This is not shocking that she came up with it.

This is a reminder to all those who think she doesn't or that she's lost her creative touch, her artistry has waned or don't want to give her enough credit for her work or some other nonsense :huntyga:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

The bitch is BACCKKKK!!!

More like, she never left and was just dormant :flutter:

ShayCristoforo

And she also did that ending scene in one long take. A talented force. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

1 minute ago, ShayCristoforo said:

And she also did that ending scene in one long take. A talented force. 

Her talent knows no bounds

We're not worthy :giveup:

She's going to OBLITERATE everything with her Gucci performance :air:

I honestly don't know why she stopped self-directing her videos, every time she just asks other people to bring her ideas to life. I mean, her past self-directed videos did have their flaws but she's learning, no one ever directed a masterpiece in their first try.

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, malazam said:

Sadly it's flopping in views:ohno:

It will pick up again when it hits the radio.

6 minutes ago, malazam said:

Sadly it's flopping in views:ohno:

And we care because?

tenor.gif?itemid=7165463

It isn't "flopping" either. 16M in 4 days for a third video announced just a day before from an album 4 months after its release

Were you expecting 100M the first week or sumn little delulu? :billie:

This is a great interview, sounds like it truly was a meeting of the minds and the results reflect that. And Gaga is such a badass, nearly passing out in the leather suit, and doing that ending all in one shot! An actress. 

It's interesting that he confirms they did change the date because they realized it was too close to 9/11. We had multiple insiders saying Sept 9th, and it sounds like that was probably true for time

malazam
Just now, HybridAT said:

And we care because?

tenor.gif?itemid=7165463

16M in 4 days for a third video announced just a day before from an album post its release

Were you expecting 100M the first week or sumn little delulu? :billie:

Jeez, stop thinking everything is an attack. Views = exposure = more people watching your art. I'm not talking about success.

They seem to have connected right away and were very excited about making such a beautiful and well crafted video so yes I wish it had more views so more people could witness it.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived