🎄 December Fan Mail 🎄

🙏 Hey guys! Please take a second to like and leave a comment on this video, we'd really appreciate it! 🙏
Sign in to follow this  
other

Rare albino seal pup spotted in Far East Russia

FfFfFfFF

RareAlbinoFurSealPup_2_Tyuleny-Island-Se

NOAA Fisheries Affiliate Vladimir Burkanov discovered an albino fur seal on a recent research trip to the remote island of Tyuleny in the Sea of Okhotsk, Russia.  

The ginger-furred, blue-eyed seal, named Ugly Duckling by Burkanov, would have poor eyesight, researchers say, which may hamper its survival prospects.

The condition the seal has is albinism. It is a hereditary abnormality that can occur in animals and humans. The cause of this is a change in DNA. Your body does not produce enough melanin, a type of dye. This melanin ensures that color is present in your skin, hair and eyes. Usually people or animals with albinism have a light skin, eye and / or hair color, but this is different for everyone..

“It will be interesting to see if we are able to resight the animal again when we survey the rookery next June.” 

RareAlbinoFurSealPup_1_Tyuleny-Island-Se

c98b77361c072baeb7b0fae20dbbefa6

rare-albino-fur-seal-pup-spotted-at-tyuleny-island-east-of-russia-faces-rejection-9302521.jpg

More: https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/feature-story/rare-albino-fur-seal-pup-stands-outhttps://newsabc.net/rare-albino-seal-born-in-russia/

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

Dirkje

Awww thats so cute! 

Stanlist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Fifth Harmony girls, unperfect, Grace VanderWaal, Rina Sawayama

HausOfAntonio

Omg I want it as a pet :bradley: Its the cutest thing ever. 

dit

He stands out too much. Watch him be the first to be eaten by a Killer Whale :diane: 

• LMAO 1

SLAG

It’s ugly in a cute way :enigma:

Magui
34 minutes ago, dit said:

He stands out too much. Watch him be the first to be eaten by a Killer Whale :diane: 

Poor baby, that was the first thing that came to my mind... He just stands out too much and I don't think it's going to be a good thing. 😕 (but he's cute) 

• Sad 1

KanyeWest

I wonder if other seals will accept him as we accept each oth- oh wait we dont and animals are kinder

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone

Logan
46 minutes ago, SLAG said:

It’s ugly in a cute way :enigma:

wow just tag me next time

Argentum

Derpy. :heart:

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

dit
1 hour ago, Magui said:

Poor baby, that was the first thing that came to my mind... He just stands out too much and I don't think it's going to be a good thing. 😕 (but he's cute) 

exactly...this is honestly one of the few times in my life where I think I support him being snatched and put in a animal sanctuary or something because I really fear that he won't make it out in the wild for too long :( 

• Like 1