music news

Dua Lipa's submissions for the Grammy's are revealed

Dirkje

Featured Posts

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

I love Chromatica but Future Nostalgia has a big chance of taking Pop Vocal Album. Grammys like new artists and can see her taking it this year, it was a really good 2nd album.

Just now, Anderson123 said:

I love Chromatica but Future Nostalgia has a big chance of taking Pop Vocal Album. Grammys like new artists and can see her taking it this year, it was a really good 2nd album.

As if Folklore and After Hours don’t exist :zilla:

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

The Grammys adore Gaga tho.

Also Chromatica is much more coherent, sonically and visually. It has deeper and more personal lyricism, with cohesive production and songwriting that is reminiscent of dance genre of the 90s, is divided into three cinematic Acts with clear distinction between the sonic directions of each Act, has iconic, huge collaborations with AG, BP and EJ, has already earned her 5 VMAs including a Tricon Award and has spawned three music videos acclaimed by critics, especially ROM and 911.

I really doubt FN exhibited qualities and achievements as impressive as these.

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Are those competing in Pop? I think AH might compete in R&B album, but Folklore?

HausOfAntonio
Just now, Bradley said:

The Grammys adore Gaga tho.

Also Chromatica is much more coherent, sonically and visually. It has deeper and more personal lyricism, with cohesive production and songwriting that is reminiscent of dance genre of the 90s, is divided into three cinematic Acts with clear distinction between the sonic directions of each Act, has iconic, huge collaborations with AG, BP and EJ, has already earned her 5 VMAs including a Tricon Award and has spawned three music videos acclaimed by critics, especially ROM and 911.

Stupid Love video was acclaimed? :selena:

Anderson123
4 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

After Hours could be submitted to R&B or Urban Contemporary like Starboy did and I'm not sure about Folklore, it's not really folk but chances are it could fit into the "alternative" field.

Dominic

I think she should win some type of award for FN. I really disliked the album (disco aint my thing) but she served talent and impact lbr. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

joannesrats
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

Are those competing in Pop? I think AH might compete in R&B album, but Folklore?

Considering that Folklore is a pop album, yes. It may be in that category. 

Just now, Anderson123 said:

After Hours could be submitted to R&B and I'm not sure about Folklore, it's not really folk but chances are it could fit into the "alternative" field.

After Hours is more pop than R&B and the academy has always been criticised for putting black people in non pop categories even when they’re pop. Given the current political climate they wouldn’t wanna risk getting cancelled, especially when After Hours is a way more successful album than FN.

HausOfAntonio
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Find me a negative review.

I didn’t see any NEGATIVE reception, per se, but I don’t remember it being RAVED about :shrug:

Archived