question

Is Gaga the next Ellen?

fishinmyhair

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Modern Ecstasy2

No because Gagaā€™s kindness isnā€™t performative, itā€™s genuine.

ā€œDelete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twinkā€

Los Angeles is full of comedy writers who worked on 'Ellen' for just a couple months then bailed because it's so toxic. Everyone in the biz has an Ellen story or knows someone who does. I'd been hearing them forĀ 10 years. It took so long to break out into the mainstream because no one who wants a job in entertainment wantedĀ to cross the host of the most popular daytime TV show.

No such stories of Gaga are bubbling around out there.Ā In fact all stories are quite to the contrary.

Glamourpuss

I think some people act kind and some people are kind because that's who they are and Gaga is naturally a kind person. Ellen wasn't genuine and there came a point where she couldn't keep up the facade anymore. With Gaga there is no facade.Ā 

raragaga

Screen-Shot-2020-08-12-at-4-35-59-PM.thu

xoxo

G U C C I

No because Gaga's kindness isn't just a "brand." She is legitimately trying to make a difference in the world and bring focus to mental health through the act of kindness.Ā 

Ā 

That being said though there are moments where I think she can come off as a little preachy and her insta story of laughing at Carol Baskin was in poor taste for a woman who is currently promoting a book for her charity all about kindness. Carol Baskin was even asked about it and said that she knew Gaga was laughing at her but that she thought Gaga was an icon.Ā 

Gaga is a human though and after watching Tiger King I have to say I was dying myself.Ā 

GagaSine

God I hope not

the difference is Ellen is a comedian and Gaga is not, and I also think Gaga possesses a more empathetic and compassionate personality by nature, and she seems to treat her employees very well and we all know many are her close friends! Ellenā€™s friends seem to exclusively or at least largelyĀ be other celebrities, including unpleasant ppl like Rob Lowe...

I truly believe Gaga will not become jaded and cruel, unless something really awful happens with her team.

GagaSine
6 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Jennifer O'Neill Ā agreesĀ :triggered:

That was definitely a low point for Gaga lol, but it was also a messy time in her life. She could have made her case without calling a former employee a ā€˜hoodratā€™ and a disgusting person. (Not defending Jennifer but it was still not a good look for Gaga)Ā 

But at the same time I would have killed to be Gagaā€™s personal assistant. I would proudly wake up at 3am to change the DVD in the player for her lolĀ :bradley:

JohnnyVersace

Like everyone else has said - no, because she treats her team very well, and focuses on diversity and fostering new talent.Ā 

GagaSine
9 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

No because Gaga's kindness isn't just a "brand." She is legitimately trying to make a difference in the world and bring focus to mental health through the act of kindness.Ā 

Ā 

That being said though there are moments where I think she can come off as a little preachy and her insta story of laughing at Carol Baskin was in poor taste for a woman who is currently promoting a book for her charity all about kindness. Carol Baskin was even asked about it and said that she knew Gaga was laughing at her but that she thought Gaga was an icon.Ā 

Gaga is a human though and after watching Tiger King I have to say I was dying myself.Ā 

I didnā€™t think she was laughing in a mocking way tho??? I thought she was just enjoying herself, and the dance Carole Baskin did was clearly meant to be satirical/whimsical (i.e. something funny)

8 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

That was definitely a low point for Gaga lol, but it was also a messy time in her life. She could have made her case without calling a former employee a ā€˜hoodratā€™ and a disgusting person. (Not defending Jennifer but it was still not a good look for Gaga)Ā 

But at the same time I would have killed to be Gagaā€™s personal assistant. I would proudly wake up at 3am to change the DVD in the player for her lolĀ :bradley:

Definitely a low point, she didn't even realize how insensitive she was, she was persuaded that the world rotated around her and that herĀ workers lived their best lives and didn't need to be paid overtime, I hope she changed, I believe so.
Here someĀ quotes that really disapointed me back in the days

"[O'Neill] knew exactly what she was getting into, and she knew there was no overtime, and I never paid her overtime the first time I hired her, so why would she be paid overtime the second time?"

"Because she slept in Egyptian cotton sheets every night, in five-star hotels, on private planes, eating caviar, partying withĀ Terry RichardsonĀ all night, wearing my clothes, asking YSL to send herĀ freeĀ shoes without my permission, using my YSL discount without my permission,"Ā 

""And I remember those words as clear as day, because when your best friend looks you in the eye and says 'Why can't I have that seat on your private plane, I'm your friend,' the first thing I thought was 'You're not my f------ friend,'"Ā 

"She's just- she thinks she's just like the queen of the universe," Gaga ranted. "And, you know what, she didn't want to be a slave to one, because in my work and what I do, I'm the queen of the universe every day."

Franch Toast

People already have pointed out how they are very different from each other, so no.Ā Ā 

One thing I will say though ā€“ and this is not specific toĀ Ellen or Gaga, but anyone who's a celebrity ā€“ is that at times,Ā kindness and celebrity are at odds with one another. The very notion of celebrity hinges on a select group ofĀ people being famous, and others placing them on a pedestal and looking up to them, with celebrities in turn being treated better than "ordinary people."Ā Celebrity cultureĀ is built uponĀ a foundation of hierarchies, and at times, aspects of these hierarchies can be at odds withĀ kindness. This is not the fault of the celebrities themselves, however, but of the system in general.Ā 

But this unkind system is different from Ellen allegedly being mean to her employees. If that's true, that's onĀ Ellen, though perhaps the system has influenced her, andĀ being placed on a celebrity pedestal may haveĀ made her think she is better than other people. As for Gaga, there's no evidence that she acts like she's better than anyone else because of her accomplishments and fame, and I don't think the courtĀ case between her and her former assistant is a fair example, because there are a lot of things about the situation we don't know, and Gaga likely felt betrayed and hurt.Ā 

Ā 

She/Her/Hers

Archived