💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga: Use 911 funds to help Armenia

hoeslay

Featured Posts

rasclautmangos

Maybe she has already donated for all we know. It's not like she has to let us know everytime she is generous.

I don't feel comfortable telling her what she should or shouldn't do with her own money. 

People who arent 25% as generous as Gaga borrow from other cultures, shoot on location, etc. for various things ALL the time yet we expect nothing from them. It's not fair to expect Gaga to save the world either.

HausOfAntonio
38 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

I mean she obviously had consideration but it's not narrow minded for people of the culture to feel that she hasn't given the *proper* acknowledgement. It's one thing to feature the culture and celebrate it and another to take it a step further and reinvest *DIRECTLY* into the community. The whole world is built upon rich people who could be doing more - given Gaga does A LOT for A LOT of causes. 

I understand that, but I literally have never seen this kind of sentiment towards any other pop star who has used elements from different cultures. Gaga is just held to an impossibly high standard.

8 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

People acting like the vision is her’s completely and not the director’s though... :awkney:

"Then she said there was a filmmaker’s visual style that she liked. I think she mispronounced his name. I said, ‘Are you saying Parajanov?’ And she said yes…."

The director came up with the idea of the desert and the accident, and Gaga came up with Parajanov. I think everyone would think the other way around, but that’s it.

https://ew.com/music/lady-gaga-911-music-video-tarsem-singh-interview/

HausOfAntonio
14 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

"Then she said there was a filmmaker’s visual style that she liked. I think she mispronounced his name. I said, ‘Are you saying Parajanov?’ And she said yes…."

The director came up with the idea of the desert and the accident, and Gaga came up with Parajanov. I think everyone would think the other way around, but that’s it.

https://ew.com/music/lady-gaga-911-music-video-tarsem-singh-interview/

I said it wasn’t COMPLETELY hers, which is literally true. I read the interview, he says the original concept was his. The point is that its a collaborative project, and makes no sense to pin this entire responsibility on Gaga. 

Bumping this because of the attacks on Artsakh on Sep 27th. Armenia is literally on the brink of war. I'll mention again - I know this can be politically complex but someone like Gaga can at least be uplifting the voices of Armenians more directly and at least contribute funds to relief efforts or women's safety. Kim K just reposted a video. I know she's Armenian and Gaga is not but something like this, for example, is imo the least she could do. Sure, her efforts aren't going to change the whole situation but she has the means to at least provide some sort of help and millionaires are capable of doing that. It's something that she would do, I think. And I won't be surprised if she does speak up on this situation soon but I really do hope it is soon. I think it's important for us to be able to constructively criticize the people we look up to, and as a stan of 12 years - I will be quite dissappointed if Gaga just continues to make all this profit off of someone's cultural aesthetics without helping them *directly* in such a time of need. 

Archived