Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga and her Dad regarding politics

David Ward

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Eh, at the end of the day it's not really our business (if Gaga was openly dating a Trumper or openly bffs with one, then fans could chime in) & Gaga isn't responsible for Joe. A lot of people have parents who have turned into Trumpers and have gone low contact. It's hard to go completely no contact, tho, because at the end of the day people often love their parents even if they support awful people or do awful things. Love is very complicated.

I will say...and I feel a little distasteful mentioning it....that I've noticed (and mentioned in the past) that Gaga rarely seems to post about Joe or his restaurant or mention him anymore (I don't think she's done it for a couple of years, now). Not to mention he tends to go "public" when Gaga's in the news. For example, when Stupid Love dropped some tabloid story about him dropped in the same week...and there's been numerous examples of this happening. I don't think the NY Post keeps that close of an eye on Gaga's family...it almost seems like he talks on purpose. IF that is what he's doing, it's a fairly common manipulative tactic I've seen play out in my own extended family in that whenever something big "happens" my aunt swoops in and pulls a stunt.

I do think it's unfair that tabloids drag or even mention celebrities when it comes to their parents' sh*t.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just A Holy Fool
14 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

The interpretation of the Oreos being shady was a bit extreme 

And a bit sadistic...

Her dad is his own person. I get along with my dad, but detest his politics and world view. We just try not to discuss those topics when we are together.

KennyRichie

This thread is so inappropriate and the comment about Oreos is one of the most disrespectful comments I’ve ever seen here. It’s literally none of our business.

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Are you so shielded that you missed the fact that Joe is registered Republican and have donated Trump campaign in 2016, with recorded receipts, the websites is still up to this day, the same year Gaga was very upset about Trump winning Presidency?? :billie: 

He probably did vote Trump (his weird COVID-19 sh*t is shady). That said, it's not unusual for people to donate to Republican and Democratic candidates.

Cookie Tookie

Imagine cancelling your relationship with your parents over their political ideology. Come on now. It’s not for us to discuss. It’s her father, and let’s be real, they’re still going to be close regardless of politics. 

LilyLark
Just now, Cookie Tookie said:

Imagine cancelling your relationship with your parents over their political ideology. Come on now. It’s not for us to discuss. It’s her father, and let’s be real, they’re still going to be close regardless of politics. 

I think it'd be very hard to cut someone off completely. Low contact, for sure (one of my friends has gone low contact with her Trump supporting parents), but completely cutting a parent off is...hard.

DiskoBaby
10 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Are you so shielded that you missed the fact that Joe is registered Republican and have donated Trump campaign in 2016, with recorded receipts, the websites is still up to this day, the same year Gaga was very upset about Trump winning Presidency?? :billie: 

I tried looking it up and couldn’t find that. So this information is actually very well hidden outside of Googles first page results.

David Ward
13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I do think it's unfair that tabloids drag or even mention celebrities when it comes to their parents' sh*t.

Unless it's about Free Britney though. I understand that these situations are drastically different, but we shouldn't be censored for freely speaking our minds about Gaga and her family, especially on a Gaga forum.

A lot of times our most difficult relations are with our parents and other extended family members, we often love them deeply but not everything about them. Sometimes it's exactly with our parents that we can never be completely understood by and accepted by, nothing is good enough and they often know how to apply both shame and guilt, like no other can make one feel. I hope Gaga has great family relations. I don't keep up with her family though, not my business. I was surprised to hear that he is a Trump supporter, on this forum.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Cameltoe Chariot
4 minutes ago, David Ward said:

Unless it's about Free Britney though. I understand that these situations are drastically different, but we shouldn't be censored for freely speaking our minds about Gaga and her family, especially on a Gaga forum.

I also think that there is something to be said about the responsibility we have as a fan base to not start fires in Gaga’s life. There have been so many times where conversations on GGD specifically have focused on aspects of her career/life that weren’t being discussed much elsewhere that then started to trend on social and eventually made its way to tabloids :bear:

Just because you have freedom of speech doesn’t negate your responsibility to ethically participate on a fan forum for Gaga. Just because you can say something doesn’t necessarily mean you should.

But if antics of a 63 year old italian dad in Manhattan matter that much to you then I don’t know what to say :triggered:

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, thehanyo said:

omg this thread rn :billie:

754f1c70bbc4d9a057aca735260384350e51fdf3

They would have made a great couple and that's a hill I'm willing to die on 

Chromatica Island

My dad and I are different politically (I'm democrat and hes apolitical), but he still loves me and accepts me and understands me(plus my uncle is gay and my sister and I are bi) hes even religious and respects people for who they are and that is a beautiful thing!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Chromatica Island

Politics should never come in between family matters

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

1 minute ago, Monsterabriel said:

My dad and I are different politically (I'm democrat and hes apolitical), but he still loves me and accepts me and understands me(plus my uncle is gay and my sister and I are bi) hes even religious and respects people for who they are and that is a beautiful thing!

OMG its truly what I am going to say

Modern Ecstasy2

Meh. Relationships with parents can be hard and complicated; it’s something most of us can relate to, certainly Gaga included. It’s common to have a family member we love but who has different political/social values as we do, and navigating the relationship and boundaries is something that comes with it. I’m sure it’s the same for Gaga as it is for many of us: we can love people in our family who are very different people than us, and sometimes it’s really hard.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Archived