💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ellen addresses allegations (Ellen- Season 18)

Featured Posts

I feel like I can see the stress in her

Hopefully everything improves with her show, because I think it is a good show. She's given a platform to a lot of interesting and talented people over the years

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers
27 minutes ago, Red said:

Youtuber apology but it's TV

It's not a youtuber apology if the title is not two words and every letter's in lowercase.

Just now, Daylight Jokers said:

It's not a youtuber apology if the title is only two words and every letter's in lowercase.

we have to talk

Spoiler

I'm sorry for that horrible mistake I've made, it's been so hard for me that so much backlash happened

ad break

Spoiler

but I've been in a very hard place and me having to apologize to you now has been a huge inconvenience *sigh*

I don't want to get into the actual allegations part, I know wayyy too little about it to have an opinion on which side is correct, but these kind of apology speeches are so interesting from a rhetorical point of view. You can see that they've practiced this speech for a long, long time, just to make sure it came across as good as possible. People with enough charisma can get away with anything (Bill Clinton for instance), I wonder if Ellen is one of them. Some of the jokes may have been unnecessary, but let's not forget that it's not twitter mobs she looks to convince, but her usual audience. 

She's clearly trying to save her a$$ at this point. Hey, I mean, if she learns something from this and changes her ways, if the whole incident humbles her and makes her more compassionate, then she deserves a second chance.

Otherwise

:fatcat:

I mean, one can say her apology is phony, but if the working conditions actually change, she treats her guests with respect and the problem stops, isnt that the whole point?

Married the Night
31 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I feel like I can see the stress in her

Hopefully everything improves with her show, because I think it is a good show. She's given a platform to a lot of interesting and talented people over the years

I felt that too. She is still very unsettled. 

blackpink
38 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

To want to make people laugh and have a great time on TV was unnecessary, everyone knows about that. The problem is behind the scenes. Saying being known as the "kind lady" is tricky because she's human and she gets sad and mad and she's impatient, still doesn't address racist remarks and psychological abuse to her employees. I think many of us as human beings we get mad, I can get mad at work, I have been, but only about work, only when I myself would get psychologically abused and bullied. She acted as though she got mad for trivial things for everyday things that we all get mad for, but to get mad because your employee is chewing gum or has chipped nail polish is psychological abuse, instilling fear to them. Then she says she's learning everyday and trying to be a better person, good but before that you should address what you've done and not hide it behind "Im a human being, I cry, I laugh, I get mad" as though all the complaints from her employees were dramatic and not to be taken seriously. She's untrustworthy and a typical Hollywood persona. 

!!!!!

well gaga is basically a "kind lady" and you can only hear people saying nice things about her behind the scenes, so... :coffee:

something is off about ellen plus the way she fiddles with the arm of the chair with her fingers makes me uncomfortable and I can't unsee it now

however I'm glad she's "working on it"

Bonkers

I thought she was thoughtful, productive, honest and I give her credit for taking responsibility. :applause:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Lilmonzter

Yeah...no

Not buying it 

Kinda over her kindness is my brand schtick with so many contradictions all over social media. 

Sing C'est la vie 

Archived