💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Listened To Ava’s Album

joannesrats

Featured Posts

31 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

I think that was my main issue. He lyrics weren’t really an issue for me, because some were quite decent and clever, while some were less creative. It was more of the recycled-ness of it all. Melodies that have been used before, and literally the same drum beat copied onto 4-5 songs. My favorite song was Born To The Night, but that’s no surprise because it samples one of my favorite songs ever, so it’s really me liking the sampled melody. Cirkut is a great producer, but no risks were taken sound wise. It was an easy to digest, common pop album. If anyone wants to listen to the album, just listen to Belladonna, Born To The Night, Kings and Queens, Naked, and Salt tbh. 

I wanted really badly to like it, but man did you hit the nail on the head when you said “no risks were taken”. It suffers the Smile problem — it’s just too safe!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSlash
13 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

YES

YES YES YES

I knew i recognized it and I used to LOVEEE this song but I couldn’t remember the name!!! It’s the exact same melody in the prechorus. 

Yeah, it's one of my "Neue Deutsche Welle" faves and it's still played on the radio to this day :D .

Ew, David!

ARTPOPSLAYAGE

I tried really hard to get into the album, but I just can’t... it feels so bland and so dated. It literally feels like a weird mass produced collection of want to be Gaga songs. I mean “born to the night”? I literally met Ava on zoom and I still can’t bring myself to fully stan and like the album. I feel like if she worked with other producers other than circuit the album would sound much fresher and more original in my opinion. 

Musicisfreedom

I really love this album. It's one of my favorite albums this year. Just a few spots below Chromatica and Sawayama (my faves)

Bitch I'm Madonna

It's a great album, but for me some of the songs - in particular, the melodies, sound rehashed and similar to other songs on the album. There's a "sameness" to some of the tracks.

Favourites are: Belladonna, Naked, Born To The Night

Blastertoyo
1 hour ago, Cookie Tookie said:

and literally the same drum beat copied onto 4-5 songs

Which was copied from Physical by Dua Lipa 

:huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

KennyRichie
1 hour ago, GregJA said:

@joannesrats you okay?

should I call 911 :saladga:

it’s an alright album, I actually like born this way

i mean born to the night 

marry the night*

Well but who knows, I thought the same about Dua and then she banged and surprised with FN.

The album feels like she did what she was told to do and it's fine, not a lot of new singers can actually reach to the position where she is, no singers like Bebe, Charli and others, so she already made it big compare to them..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

raragaga

i still cant get over how bad the album cover is :bear::triggered:

xoxo

Chromatography
52 minutes ago, River said:

Well but who knows, I thought the same about Dua and then she banged and surprised with FN.

The album feels like she did what she was told to do and it's fine, not a lot of new singers can actually reach to the position where she is, no singers like Bebe, Charli and others, so she already made it big compare to them..

wait i’m confused — you’re saying charli was never big? boom clap, fancy were more popular than any of Avas songs? or am i mistaken?

Archived