Marry The Night MV vs 911 MV

ThatsGossip64

Marry The Night vs 911  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Which MV?

• Marry The Night

Featured Posts

MingersPrayer

It's funny you compare these two, because I thought of MTN when I first saw 911.

I love both but I think 911 is strongest but artistically & conceptually. MTN is incredible but the editing is weak and the storyline is on the verge of amateurish.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke78619

911, I think it’s more effective than MTN. It’s just a super long intro, a dance on a car, and a dance routine in a studio, then flashes of a bunch of other scenes 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Guest Messy vers
3 hours ago, Steven said:

So which one did you choose

giphy.gif

Dude, I've just realised it's Katy perry and I'm so sorry for her if it's teeth of top star :poot::billie:

pop ate my heart

essay incoming :laughga::

i love MTN because of how raw and personal it is while still feeling like a Gaga mv... but even so, it's not even on my top10 Gaga mvs.. like tbh, artistically and cinematically speaking, it doesn't hold much chance to other ones like 911, BR, Telephone, Paparazzi... those feel more like artistic installations filled with subtext, symbolism, references and other elements that make, to me, an amazing mv. While MTN (even tho it still has some of those elements) to me is a biographical shortfilm with some abstract images here and there, but there's not much attention to visual details and it feels a bit disjointed.. like it's not as cohesive visually. most scenes don't have a good correlation with each other in many ways tbh...

so 911 is def my pick, tho I really appreciate a lot the rawness and 'realness' of the video, as it makes a great and somewhat necessary contrast to the other more abstract and theatrical mvs she had up till then. she showed diversity in style and storytelling with it

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

pop ate my heart
2 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

Guy video is just Poker Face 2.0 but you guys aren’t ready for that conversation.

it has literally nothing to do with PF, what connections are you even making :huh:

dynamite
1 minute ago, pop ate my heart said:

it has literally nothing to do with PF, what connections are you even making :huh:

The only connection is that Lady Gaga is in both videos. :neyde:

pop ate my heart
1 minute ago, dynamite said:

The only connection is that Lady Gaga is in both videos. :neyde:

maybe bc they both have a pool scene but that's such an pointless comparison i have to laf

Marry The Night is better than BR, so if y'all think 911 is better then... 👀

911 is amazing, but MTN is an underrated true "short film". All with a deep personal message.

Dominic

Just listened to MTN for the first time in a year or so and I got chills again. BTW really was an iconic album. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

DiskoBaby
10 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

Mansion/castle, pool scene, avant- garde bikinis, lyrics about sex (bisexualism vs sexual submission), futurism vs mythology, 

pop ate my heart
2 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Mansion/castle, pool scene, avant- garde bikinis, lyrics about sex (bisexualism vs sexual submission), futurism vs mythology, 

they're still very much basic connections i'm sorry. you're literally ignoring the entire storyline of GUY mv and like 90% of the scenes and outfits. but whatevs

ps: in GUY it's actually an ancient greek palace, not a mansion at all, and there's 0 mythology on PF that i know of?

Archived