Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

911 - Single Version / Single Cover ?

The Edge Of Glory

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss

It's a 3 minute song. It doesn't need a radio edit. And it's not being listed for separate digital sale. So, it doesn't need a single cover. These are totally unnecessary.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pop ate my heart
16 minutes ago, Little99 said:

comedy central wtf GIF

Like what? 

i think they mean that the CII transition is like 50% of the song's charisma and a big reason why it's so popular

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

numb the flame
2 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

It's a 3 minute song. It doesn't need a radio edit. And it's not being listed for separate digital sale. So, it doesn't need a single cover. These are totally unnecessary.

People are wondering about a radio edit because Chromatica II ends very abruptly at the beginning of 911 and the transition became quite viral.  Either remove CII entirely from 911 or create a short 10 second version to include to transition. We all want a single cover because Gaga has served with visuals for this era. 

BeIIadonna

They probably won't add the CII interlude (thankfully). As for the single cover, they're basically dead now that physicals (thankfully x2) aren't a thing now that streaming's a thing, but she might still make one potentially. I don't know

numb the flame
4 minutes ago, BeIIadonna said:

They probably won't add the CII interlude (thankfully). As for the single cover, they're basically dead now that physicals (thankfully x2) aren't a thing now that streaming's a thing, but she might still make one potentially. I don't know

Physical's are actually becoming a thing again, Billie rinsed most of the singles of her album and gave them physicals. Interscope know the demand is there and they'll do it for a quick cash grab. 

Luke78619

I remember the GUY artwork was released some time after the video.. I even seem to remember her mentioning the long wait for it but maybe that’s wrong

42 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It took a while to get single covers for Shallow and Always Remember Us This Way. I'll Never Love Again was a single in select countries but didn't get one at all. Hair, Venus, A-YO etc were promo singles so they got single covers because of this.

I think a single cover may eventually come (perhaps with new merch), but at the same time I won't be 100% surprised if 911 won't have a cover.

When you realise that none of the ASIB singles actually had official artwork and they were all fan made :bear:

the shallow artwork has the “artfloozy” watermark on the piano just below Gaga I think :selena:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

I remember the GUY artwork was released some time after the video.. I even seem to remember her mentioning the long wait for it but maybe that’s wrong

When you realise that none of the ASIB singles actually had official artwork and they were all fan made :bear:

the shallow artwork has the “artfloozy” watermark on the piano just below Gaga I think :selena:

Yep but we all just collectively pretend they are the official artwork. :bradley:

29 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

We want a single cover because of a possible physical release

22 minutes ago, BeIIadonna said:

You realize almost all artists release physical releases for every single nowadays? The sales for physical singles are so great so you’ll often have to run to buy before they’re getting outsold, also, Stupid Love & Rain On Me got physical copies, also why are you thankful that physical releases don’t sell as much as used? They’re so much better than streaming

RichAssPiss
2 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

We want a single cover because of a possible physical release

I don't think that's happening. This seems like a creative break from the first launch of Chromatica. I don't foresee one of those jewel-styled vinyls. She seems to be exiting the literal sci-fi feuding alien theme and just addressing pain here. 

1 hour ago, GUI said:

I'm still confused, 911 is being called in all ads as the next single, but lady gaga herself hasn't confirmed it yet - the song is already being added to the playlists and her team hasn't created a cover for the single.

I believe 911 needs a radio edit / single version WITH the interlude or WITHOUT the initial burst of the interlude (sounds really strange).

I think they are still taking a wait and see approach. LMs just need to watch the video and stream it like crazy for now. Cant hurt, even if its not an official single. 

35 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

I wish they would though. I was hoping to buy it again. 

numb the flame
35 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

the G.U.Y. music video was released on 22 March, 2014 with the artwork being released 24 March, 2014

Archived