💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

911 - Single Version / Single Cover ?

The Edge Of Glory

Featured Posts

The Edge Of Glory

I'm still confused, 911 is being called in all ads as the next single, but lady gaga herself hasn't confirmed it yet - the song is already being added to the playlists and her team hasn't created a cover for the single.

I believe 911 needs a edit / single version WITH the interlude or WITHOUT the initial burst of the interlude (sounds really strange).

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

911 is too short to make another radio edit version, I think.

It was sent to Spotify's playlist. Let's hope something else on radio.

If I had my guess, they’ll get rid of the burst and make that a single version. Putting in the 40 seconds of chromatica II makes absolutely no sense for a single. People would turn that ish off. It works in the album and video but on radio not so much.

I think they’re still trying to decide to make it a single or not. 

just based on how well the video & in general she’s doing on the charts this weekend bc of the video & the CBS interview, I think they’ll make a call soon.

I’m interested to see where it charts in the global 200

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

The Edge Of Glory
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

If I had my guess, they’ll get rid of the burst and make that a single version. Putting in the 40 seconds of chromatica II makes absolutely no sense for a single. People would turn that ish off. It works in the album and video but on radio not so much.

Exactly, the noise is really irritating and people will skip the song with no doubt. 911 only works with the entire interlude, they need to remove this initial sound and put more 911 Instrumental 

FfFfFfFF

Not all singles get single covers (especially the ones that come after the album). For instance, Getaway Car by Taylor Swift, despite being released as a single by her label, didn't get one. Bad Guy by Billie Eilis didn't have one until the cassetes were done etc.

Karen Smith

I think tomorrow we can get some information from Gaga like 911 is or isn't a single and we can get a single cover art 

ArtpopAct2
9 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Not all singles get single covers (especially the ones that come after the album). For instance, Getaway Car by Taylor Swift, despite being released as a single by her label, didn't get one. Bad Guy by Billie Eilis didn't have one until the cassetes were done etc.

Yes but all of Gaga’s should! Not a trend follower:vegas:

we’ve gotten some for non-singles in the past like Hair so I expect. 

ArtpopAct2
11 minutes ago, GUI said:

Exactly, the noise is really irritating and people will skip the song with no doubt. 911 only works with the entire interlude, they need to remove this initial sound and put more 911 Instrumental 

I think if they started at the part where the pole lights up in the VMAs with an electric guitar, then do the buildup Into the song it would be good. Like only 10 seconds of C2 and you get the transition

FfFfFfFF
Just now, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Yes but all of Gaga’s should! Not a trend follower:vegas:

we’ve gotten some for non-singles in the past like Hair so I expect. 

It took a while to get single covers for Shallow and Always Remember Us This Way. I'll Never Love Again was a single in select countries but didn't get one at all. Hair, Venus, A-YO etc were promo singles so they got single covers because of this.

I think a single cover may eventually come (perhaps with new merch), but at the same time I won't be 100% surprised if 911 won't have a cover.

ArtpopAct2
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It took a while to get single covers for Shallow and Always Remember Us This Way. I'll Never Love Again was a single in select countries but didn't get one at all. Hair, Venus, A-YO etc were promo singles so they got single covers because of this.

I think a single cover may eventually come (perhaps with new merch), but at the same time I won't be 100% surprised if 911 won't have a cover.

The fact that we have THREE covers for promo single Venus.... a collapse

Ill take another sh*t remix if it means we get a 911 single cover :vegas:

honestly though, a radio edit is so obvious I’ll kinda be annoyed if it doesn’t happen

Also ASIB a special case

The Edge Of Glory
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

But if 911 is getting a official single treatment, they would receive a proper single treatment. I'm not only talking about a single cover, but the lack of another version for the public because the album version being pushed will not work :saladga:

numb the flame
15 minutes ago, GUI said:

But if 911 is getting a official single treatment, they would receive a proper single treatment. I'm not only talking about a single cover, but the lack of another version for the public because the album version being pushed will not work :saladga:

11 minutes ago, Little99 said:

comedy central wtf GIF

Like what? 

it would work however it is just very jarring as CII ends abruptly and starts super loud at the beginning of 911. 

Archived