Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

RedOne calls Ava "new Queen" + celebrates H&H's success

Werk

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you are just so unnecessarily mean... and those who say she’s copying gaga... well, imitation is the highest form of flattery. Besides, it’s perfectly fine to still look for your ‘true-self’ even as an upcoming artist. She’s obviously working hard and it’s pretty exciting to see work & energy poured into something flourish.

I’ve listened to her album a few times now and my favorite is Born to the night. Love the mood it has!

ToxicHot

I've listened to the new album a few times, and I like it. It definitely has its highs (outstanding songs and vocals) and lows (fillers, too "teen-pop" tracks). 

But honestly, I'm not so sure just how substantial it is yet or how it'll hold up, but as a whole it's definitely sugary pop candy. I don't find it necessarily bland, but it doesn't feel mature or too complex (compared to Chromatica, for example). Actually, it's kind of childish? Not necessarily in a bad way though. Some songs have sexual undertones that are nicely executed, but most of the songs seem very Radio Disney-ish. :noparty:

I might have to look into her more as an artist to really grasp her vision/etc. However, something about her does seem a little.....off? Maybe she's too manufactured, I mean she doesn't exactly stand out as an artist aside from the "Max Cut".

Some of the songs seem like Selena Gomez, Sia, Bebe Rexha kind of songs (production and melody wise). I mean even "Born to the Night" seems like she tried to combine the themes of "Born This Way" and "Marry the Night", and that's the song that sounds the most like Gaga. But regardless of that, the album is straight-up fun music to dance and work out to. 

EDIT: I do like her though. I had never heard her music before except for Sweet But Psycho, but I didn't like it even though I can admit the chorus is catchy. However, when I actually listened to the album, I noticed the production on that song is actually pretty good.

Favorite songs right now: Belladonna, Naked, Torn, Rumors.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Daylight Jokers
1 hour ago, frederiickx said:

She has some good songs but it's literally such a copy of Gaga, not here for it.

Honestly, the album reminds me more of Katy than Gaga.

ladygagafan1234
39 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Her Naked MV only has 1m views though. How did she beat Taylor Swift in anything? :air:

payola

I wasn't too impressed with the album unfortunately. Some of the singles are pretty catchy but the rest of the album just feels like a copy and paste. 

44 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Honestly, the album reminds me more of Katy than Gaga.

Yes! This. Its like if Shakira sang Katy Perry covers while performing a Gaga tribute.

She is very pedestrian. Distinct only in her average, unintrusive presentation.

She is a cheese and tomato pizza. The basics are there, you get whst you ordered but theres no meat. Nobody strongly dislikes a cheese pizza really, as all pizzas start out that way, but would you choose a cheese and tomato pizza off a menu when you could have a bbq base meat feast? Absolutely not, but not because Ava is offensive... she just brings no meat.

This has been my TED talk...

2 hours ago, Runway said:

So she collected the crumbs left behind by artists who did evolve and she’s supposed to get praised for that :ladyhaha:

That's not what I meant. :triggered: They're a collection of proven hit-makers that others abandoned because they decided to hop on whatever the latest trend at the time was or wanted to try working with new people, which is fine but doesn't detract from their talents. 

Archived