Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Lady Gaga @ CBS Full Interview

Rifek

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yeah, I agree with you. The only reason I did it was it was a trip for my sister's birthday, and it was a present for her, but the entire thing gave me a gross feeling (plus they're hella expensive). I think a lot of entertainers do paid M&Gs. The security guard at the theatre told me the only entertainer who performs there who doesn't monetize M&Gs is Bruno Mars. From what I understand, Gaga has done paid M&Gs at all her concerts thus far; the Chromatica Ball will be the first time she doesn't have one. 

I think (hope) that most people ask before making physical contact with her, but it still reminds me of a petting zoo. I wonder if one reason she eliminated M&Gs for her upcoming tour is because she's become uncomfortable with the process. (It's also possible she did it because of COVID.) 

There's probably some naivete in my attitude. Artists don't make much money on their albums these days, do they, so it's more about the concerts now and what you can squeeze out of them. But the zoo analogy sounds about right, and its distressing. I'm glad to hear it won't feature in the Chromatica tour. And well done, Bruno.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Yeah, I agree with you. The only reason I did it was it was a trip for my sister's birthday, and it was a present for her, but the entire thing gave me a gross feeling (plus they're hella expensive). I think a lot of entertainers do paid M&Gs. The security guard at the theatre told me the only entertainer who performs there who doesn't monetize M&Gs is Bruno Mars. From what I understand, Gaga has done paid M&Gs at all her concerts thus far; the Chromatica Ball will be the first time she doesn't have one. 

I think (hope) that most people ask before making physical contact with her, but it still reminds me of a petting zoo. I wonder if one reason she eliminated M&Gs for her upcoming tour is because she's become uncomfortable with the process. (It's also possible she did it because of COVID.) 

Perhaps, eliminating meet and greets is due to Covid-19, but it is also an opportunity for her to have a break from all the emotional roller coaster of maintaining "Lady Gaga" for many people (as much as we love her and she says she loves her fans) who don't know each other. It was very kind and generous she did it for so long.

Years ago during the Monster Ball remake, meet and greets were ended for a time and it caused a big uproar.

Is there a better way M&G's could be handled or changed?

Silence those demons... . 🖤

I don't do meet and greets, they just seem disingenuous to me, but that's probably me just being old fashioned, since I have always just had good luck with meeting people naturally. But it always seems like most musicians only do meet and greets because the record companies started making every one of them do it. They all started doing them at exactly the same time and the cost for most is outrageous. 

I hate thinking of Gaga in particular, coming offstage in pain and exhausted to the point of needing an ice bath, only to have to go back into hair and makeup, some elaborate outfit, because "she's Lady Gaga" and have to force an easy going attitude before the public again, then off to the next show. That makes me exhausted, imagine her mind, she gets very little down and alone time. Can you imagine having to force small talk and smiles on your bad day? We all have bad days, even Lady Gaga. I think it's good that meet and greets are gone this tour. Gaga needs to protect herself more, she's got to have longevity. She's always been too giving to her fan base with easy access to her, often when she should have been annoyed at the rudeness of them exploiting her kindness and invading her life and personal space, like when they'd show up at her house, that is completely uncalled for and rude, uncaring of them. Madonna used to not ever meet her fans unless if by accident out on the street and to me, that worked, also goes a long ways with a mysteriousness through the decades, Gaga could do that, if she wanted to and I wouldn't mind. This seems to happen to the star as the bigger they get, they have to pull away, to save their life.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Danny Milk

Not available in my country, can some help an australian little monster out?

nvm, i was able to download it 

I guess it doesn't really matter

3 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

Not available in my country, can some help an australian little monster out?

nvm, i was able to download it 

where did U dl it from? i cant watch it either and the video above stops every minute 

13 hours ago, Suuus said:

Im sorry but i dont know what your getting but what i meant was when she is on tour or when enigma starts back up that fans will waiting outside the venue for an autograph or a picture after seeing this interview

There's nothing wrong with that. 

She's referring to when she's out doing normal things, like grocery shopping or eating dinner. 

Waiting for an artist after the show is usually expected for bigger stars. 

Just now, Doot said:

There's nothing wrong with that. 

She's referring to when she's out doing normal things, like grocery shopping or eating dinner. 

Waiting for an artist after the show is usually expected for bigger stars. 

yeah thats when shes available to us but shopping and eating with her family thats personal time i would wave an thats it but ive always said i dont want a photo or autograph i wont need them cause id never forget i just wanna say thank you and know that ill always be a fan

Franch Toast
17 hours ago, Shadow said:

Perhaps, eliminating meet and greets is due to Covid-19, but it is also an opportunity for her to have a break from all the emotional roller coaster of maintaining "Lady Gaga" for many people (as much as we love her and she says she loves her fans) who don't each other. It was very kind and generous she did it for so long.

Years ago during the Monster Ball remake, meet and greets were ended for a time and it caused a big uproar.

Is there a better way M&G's could be handled or changed?

I’m honestly not sure how they could be improved from the artist’s perspective beyond having fewer people, which would cut back on revenue. Of course from a fan perspective, being able to have more than a few seconds would make the experience more meaningful. I wonder if the group M&Gs that she’s done in the past might be better. For artRAVE, didn’t she spend a long time talking with each group? That would have less of an assembly line feeling for all involved, although shyer people may not like that. I’m not really sure what the solution is.

She/Her/Hers

Rubber Hunk

“Tonight I will return the fame and riches earned, with you I’d watch them all be burned” 

For so long that line has made me feel like Gaga was like a loving older sister/guardian angel type to us, but now it’s time for the roles to be reversed, WE need to be there for HER. All the iconic looks, MVs, awards, etc. I’d watch that all be burned if it meant it would guarantee she could live a life of peace and happiness. :kiss:

4 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I’m honestly not sure how they could be improved from the artist’s perspective beyond having fewer people, which would cut back on revenue. Of course from a fan perspective, being able to have more than a few seconds would make the experience more meaningful. I wonder if the group M&Gs that she’s done in the past might be better. For artRAVE, didn’t she spend a long time talking with each group? That would have less of an assembly line feeling for all involved, although shyer people may not like that. I’m not really sure what the solution is.

I think if meet and greets could continue at some point, quality time with a few (less than 10 at least) is better than quantity (bigger groups like the ones you mentioned.)  However, they could really be over and that is her call.

Also, we need to spread the word to set up ground rules when trying to meet her in public.

-If she is out with her friends or family, people need to leave her alone. 

-Promotional or public events when it appears she's in a welcoming mood are probably the best times to try to approach her.

-People should always ask her before taking pictures.

-No rushing over to her or getting in her personal space without her consent.

I can imagine she puts up a professional demeanor, but may have anxiety reactions for her safety which is innate and could be triggering her to tense up and cause pain.

As fans who support her, we need to help her avoid this pain by doing our part. She may not want to alienate her fans directly, but she is putting these grievances out there for a reason.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

pop ate my heart

I've always said she stopped being Lady Gaga when Joanne happened... tho it seemed like something she needed to do and was happy she was doing what she wanted and didn't just do uninspired generic music, she was not the artist I fell in love with at all. I'm so glad she said she hated being Lady Gaga because now I don't feel like sh't for thinking that too back then. Yall can't imagine how it broke my heart when, in the 5ft2 doc, I heard her bash everything that she did in the first 5 years of her career and her trying to do the exact same opposite of what she did. it's like she was fighting against everything she once believed in. she even said in GagaRadio that before they came up with Chromatica, she was doing uninspired, trendy generic music. but I'm glad her family and team helped her snap out of it and really love the kind of artist she was born to be, which is Lady Gaga. And this is all coming from either her or her close friends, so I'm not really trying to argue, this is the actual stuff she went through for the past 2 and a half years.

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Chromatica Island
On 9/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, HybridAT said:

Can the fans who meet her and know all that she's been through over the years just be a little more kind and caring to her? She literally says that she HATES cameras being shoved down in her face when she's out in the open and that it's triggering. Like, how hard is it for you to resist the temptation to get a picture snapped the very first moment you meet her? Why not try to ask her how she's doing instead first or how she's feeling atm or give her a nice warm hug that makes her feel more comforted? We can't blame the people among the general public for not knowing this but at least the fans need to know better than treating her like an exhibition piece or an animal at the zoo.

I'm so glad she's in a better space now mentally and physically. Ugh, angel :kara::heart:

Yeah, if I ever meet her I'll be nice and ask her for an autograph and give her a hug and tell her how much she has helped me with my mental health and tell her I know how she feels :heart:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Archived