interview

Lady Gaga @ CBS Full Interview

Rifek

Featured Posts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Healed My Heart

I feel like I say this every single day but I just love her SO MUCH. I identify really closely with everything she's been speaking to lately. When she articulates things that so closely mirror my own life experiences, it makes me feel seen and not so alone in it. It means so much to see someone I admire so greatly being honest and open about both struggling and overcoming. I celebrate we are both out on the other side, healing.

Also, how amazing is that look?! :giveup:

She/her 💗💜💙

3 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

All of these things. But also, and maybe this is a controversial take, but for her own health, I think it may do her good to stop holding M&Gs. (We already can see she's stopped these for the Chromatica Ball, so perhaps this is the direction she's planning on taking.) I've written about this topic on here before, but my own impression of the Enigma M&G was that I felt like she was being paraded around and displayed like an exhausted zoo animal, and I felt terrible for her. I also felt bad for the fans quickly herded through, but I mostly felt extremely sad for Gaga herself, especially when I later learned she was in severe pain during the M&G. The night I met her, she was so out of it (probably a combo of pain, exhaustion, and medication/Mary Jane Holland), and I felt really bad that she had to stand there and do this. There's no way she can have a real conversation with most people during the M&Gs, since each one only lasts a few seconds, and essentially she just has a bunch of strangers thrust next to her one after another and doesn't have time to get to know them before she has to pose for the camera with them. As grateful as I am to have met her for those few seconds, all I could think of was how empty she seemed. She's not a plastic doll, she's a human with feelings and thoughts and needs. :heart: 

Nothing controversial about that take in my book. I agree 100%.

I know nothing about Enigma M&G's other than what I have read here, but on that basis the very  best I can say for the M&G concept is that I find it questionable.

There was sadness in that interview this morning, and it followed on from the sadness of seeing her face at the end of the 911 mv (I know she was acting, but it was too convincing for comfort). Overall though, I thought the interview was positive. I thought she sounded like someone who was in an improved state of mind. So just over the last few weeks really, she has shot that video, done the VMA's, done that interview with her mom and now done CBS, and it's all been good.

I hope she keeps moving forward with her life and does all the things she wants to do. GO Stefani.

Franch Toast
3 minutes ago, MOT said:

Nothing controversial about that take in my book. I agree 100%.

I know nothing about Enigma M&G's other than what I have read here, but on that basis the very  best I can say for the M&G concept is that I find it questionable.

There was sadness in that interview this morning, and it followed on from the sadness of seeing her face at the end of the 911 mv (I know she was acting, but it was too convincing for comfort). Overall though, I thought the interview was positive. I thought she sounded like someone who was in an improved state of mind. So just over the last few weeks really, she has shot that video, done the VMA's, done that interview with her mom and now done CBS, and it's all been good.

I hope she keeps moving forward with her life and does all the things she wants to do. GO Stefani.

I have such mixed feelings about M&Gs. I think on the one hand it's probably good to have a controlled environment where she can meet fans, as opposed to having people bombard her when she's just out living her life. On the other hand, I think it's an overall disappointing experience for all involved parties (with some exceptions; I know some people here have had great – even life-changing – M&G experiences and are grateful just to be in her presence for a few seconds).

Of course I have no idea what's going on in her mind, but the fact that she has to have an ice bath after the concert before she comes out for the M&Gs is a reminder of the pain she endures, and after her bath she has to get all dressed up again to greet fans and take photos when probably all she wants to do is chill out and get some rest. I was toward the end of our line, and as I watched person after person approach her, hug her, and take a photo, it felt like an assembly line, with the photographer's assistant and her security telling people where to stand and what to do before whisking them away. I actually tried to take some time to talk to her, and she sounded so worn-out. It took me aback, because she was nothing like the public persona of Lady Gaga: she was extremely polite and soft-spoken, but she also seemed extremely tired and, dare I say, vacant. While I loved being so close to her and talking to her, however brief, I also felt sad for her because she seemed like a vessel who was just going through the motions. Whenever I hear "Plastic Doll," I think of this experience, and I wonder whether LiveNation and the venue are the ones asking her to do the M&Gs so they can make more money off of her. I wonder if she actually enjoys them. Maybe she does, and I'm just projecting. After all, my sister was chatting with someone from her team later, and that person told her that Gaga was having a major flare-up that night (later confirmed by a conversation I overheard at Brian Newman's show), so I think she was suffering more than usual. 

She/Her/Hers

MonSwiftAnton

Great interview. I think many can relate to her mental illness, I know I do. 

That photo made me laugh so hard though. 

I hope healing grows in her heart like a garden in fertile soil.  It hurts to see how tormented she was. About this life she chose, I wonder if her ambitious, younger self imagined any of the consequences of achieving her fame and success. It all looks glamorous from the outside, but it is apparent that the pressures and the loss of daily privacy takes a toll on a person's mental health, their relations, and quality of life.  I'm glad her family and friends supported her in recent years. 

I appreciate what she tried to do with Joanne. Unfortunately, there is no "fix" for her father's pain of losing his sister. I can relate because I lost my parents. Death of a loved one is twofold, the pain of the loss and memory we wish to keep to honor the departed. These two struggles are intertwined. 

I wish people who see her remember she is a person with fears and emotions before approaching her and taking pictures.

There is so much to digest from this interview and what was deduced from the Zane Lowe interview earlier this year.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

3 hours ago, HybridAT said:

Don't just shove your phone already in her face so she doesn't know what else to do but to oblige to your demand.

I think people do this bcs ur not gonna meet Gaga everyday it's ur one and only chance to have a picture and a memory of u two together

Cavadour
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

I've always wondered how I would approach her if I saw her in person.

I'll burst in tears and I'll bow down to her. Send her kisses with both my hands and probably say 'Thank You, Gaga' if my throat is not shut down from emotion. 

At my own small level, I can relate with all that she says about fame backlash. Years ago, I became a local cultural figure in the small town I was living. Suddenly people I didn't know were calling me by my name and waving at me in the streets. I freaked out during months. The feeling of being observed, being owned trigged some paranoia and I finally left the place for a small country spot and never came back to any urban place or under the light of social media. Still working in entertainment though, but fleeing away as soon as I'm done with the job.

Let's hope she'll find solace with her family and friends. I kinda selfishly hope she'll overcome depression and always find the strength to climb on stage for the years to come. She's a treasure. So precious. I sometimes gasp a the idea of losing her. Omfg :bradley: 

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

2 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I think people do this bcs ur not gonna meet Gaga everyday it's ur one and only chance to have a picture and a memory of u two together

Sounds nice from a fan's point of view, but I can see she appears to feel objectified when people take pictures without asking. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

26 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Sounds nice from a fan's point of view, but I can see she appears to feel objectified when people take pictures without asking. 

I understand her side and the fan's side

36 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I have such mixed feelings about M&Gs. I think on the one hand it's probably good to have a controlled environment where she can meet fans, as opposed to having people bombard her when she's just out living her life. On the other hand, I think it's an overall disappointing experience for all involved parties (with some exceptions; I know some people here have had great – even life-changing – M&G experiences and are grateful just to be in her presence for a few seconds).

Of course I have no idea what's going on in her mind, but the fact that she has to have an ice bath after the concert before she comes out for the M&Gs is a reminder of the pain she endures, and after her bath she has to get all dressed up again to greet fans and take photos when probably all she wants to do is chill out and get some rest. I was toward the end of our line, and as I watched person after person approach her, hug her, and take a photo, it felt like an assembly line, with the photographer's assistant and her security telling people where to stand and what to do before whisking them away. I actually tried to take some time to talk to her, and she sounded so worn-out. It took me aback, because she was nothing like the public persona of Lady Gaga: she was extremely polite and soft-spoken, but she also seemed extremely tired and, dare I say, vacant. While I loved being so close to her and talking to her, however brief, I also felt sad for her because she seemed like a vessel who was just going through the motions. Whenever I hear "Plastic Doll," I think of this experience, and I wonder whether LiveNation and the venue are the ones asking her to do the M&Gs so they can make more money off of her. I wonder if she actually enjoys them. Maybe she does, and I'm just projecting. After all, my sister was chatting with someone from her team later, and that person told her that Gaga was having a major flare-up that night (later confirmed by a conversation I overheard at Brian Newman's show), so I think she was suffering more than usual. 

Look, I'll be honest. The M&G process that you have described above, which includes physical contact, and which people have actually PAID for (am I right ?), that to me is 100% objectification of the person, and I am amazed that it took place. It saddens me. Or maybe that's an industry norm, I don't know. If it is, I am opposed to it. I'm ignorant in these matters.

I often wonder what it's like to be Lady Gaga. Only a tiny percentage of this planet experience THAT level of fame, and I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it must be to know that your life is essentially never going to be private again. I'd struggle mentally with that too, and that's an understatement.

She's such a warrior.

Franch Toast
25 minutes ago, MOT said:

Look, I'll be honest. The M&G process that you have described above, which includes physical contact, and which people have actually PAID for (am I right ?), that to me is 100% objectification of the person, and I am amazed that it took place. It saddens me. Or maybe that's an industry norm, I don't know. If it is, I am opposed to it. I'm ignorant in these matters.

Yeah, I agree with you. The only reason I did it was it was a trip for my sister's birthday, and it was a present for her, but the entire thing gave me a gross feeling (plus they're hella expensive). I think a lot of entertainers do paid M&Gs. The security guard at the theatre told me the only entertainer who performs there who doesn't monetize M&Gs is Bruno Mars. From what I understand, Gaga has done paid M&Gs at all her concerts thus far; the Chromatica Ball will be the first time she doesn't have one. 

I think (hope) that most people ask before making physical contact with her, but it still reminds me of a petting zoo. I wonder if one reason she eliminated M&Gs for her upcoming tour is because she's become uncomfortable with the process. (It's also possible she did it because of COVID.) 

She/Her/Hers

Archived