Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

911 Unanswered Questions/Symbolism Thread

Noah X

Featured Posts

There's a lot of symbolism that can be explained with the ending, but still a lot of unanswered imagery that's not spelled out for viewers. Put in your theories!

For example what does this book and thing she's holding symbolize? She holds it like a scale almost. And why stick that thing in the gold empty book? 

Screen-Shot-2020-09-19-at-11-22-01-PM.pn

This black outfit, what it means and why that giant black backdrop is there behind her that falls.

And why is it hanging on the wall and she turns to it? This feels very intentional

Screen-Shot-2020-09-19-at-11-26-02-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-09-19-at-11-25-22-PM.pn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MiQuenDroid

The "book" is her "diamond box", she put her doll in. But the wall scene is a mystery, if someone has an interpretation... 

All I ever wanted was love...

On 9/20/2020 at 8:28 AM, leonjay said:

This black outfit, what it means and why that giant black backdrop is there behind her that falls

This looks like a crime scene to me and Gaga's covered in this bodysuit where there are flowers on them = she's dead and there are flowers on her (that's what you do when a person dies, you lay flowers on their grave)

On 9/20/2020 at 8:28 AM, leonjay said:

And why is it hanging on the wall and she turns to it? This feels very intentional

maybe Gaga turns to it cause she wants to die but the hot paramedic guy keeps her from dying as he saves her in the end.

8 minutes ago, leonjay said:

For example what does this book and thing she's holding symbolize? She holds it like a scale almost. And why stick that thing in the gold empty book? 

Screen-Shot-2020-09-19-at-11-22-01-PM.pn

That goes with the lyrics "keep my dolls inside diamond boxes" she calls her anti-psychotic medication 'dolls'  in her real life and she keeps them in diamond pill boxes (she spoke about this in a recent interview). She's holding her pill in one hand and box in the other. I guess it represents her weighing up her mental state and  shows how it can go in and out of balance

This black outfit, what it means and why that giant black backdrop is there behind her that falls

I'm not sure but I think this outfit represents her 'final form' as she dies and moves on.

When people say "the curtain drops" it means a sudden moment where things become clear. It's foreshadowing that the curtain is about to drop and reveal the truth of the situation to us (that it's all a hallucination)

In this scene she's fighting between moving on and coming back to life as the paramedics try one last time to revive her. She's going 'should I pass away or keep living'. He puts his hand over her heart to check her pulse.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

2 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

The "book" is her "diamond box", she put her doll in. But the wall scene is a mystery, if someone has an interpretation... 

What is a diamond box and significance of the doll?

liquidsunshine

Those are pretty clear cut tbh. 

a mystery for me is the peak cock hanging on the roof during the bridge. 

1 minute ago, liquidsunshine said:

Those are pretty clear cut tbh. 

a mystery for me is the peak cock hanging on the roof during the bridge. 

From Google: 

"the Armenians believed that a peacock's flesh did not decay; hence it was a particularly potent symbol of eternal life."

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

liquidsunshine
3 minutes ago, leonjay said:

Old hollywood imageries- google valley of the dolls movie. 

liquidsunshine
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

From Google: 

"the Armenians believed that a peacock's flesh did not decay; hence it was a particularly potent symbol of eternal life."

That works. 

10 minutes ago, leonjay said:

It looks like a black Spades, like the card, and spades is considered as a "sword of soldiers" while she's covered with flowers, it's like to represent death and life.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I interpreted it as how she’s closer to death and the full body suit represents somewhat of a body bag. At the end of this scene she reaches for the outfit as pictured, and then she turns back to the camera and crosses both her arms in somewhat of a “ mummy” pose, perhaps representing that she is closer to death. And then when she is actually in the full body suit it’s as if she is in a body bag. Idk that’s what I thought of but I can of course be wayyyy off. 

MiQuenDroid
5 minutes ago, leonjay said:

Her dolls are her pills. But the diamond box, I don't know. She should make an explanation video on ChromaticaTV :billie:

All I ever wanted was love...

Miichael

In this scene when she is ascending upwards (towards Heaven I'm assuming), her rose is fresh and alive but when the paramedics begin to save her, the rose becomes wilted. Does anyone know what this means? I read that it might represent as one life gets saved (hers), another is taken (the rose), but I'm not sure :huh:

lady-gaga-911-music-video-4.png?w=661lady-gaga-911.jpg

Born This Way Ball - 20/6/12 | artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball - 30/8/14 | LA To The Moon Tour - 2/4/2018

The turn to the left, I didn't really overthink it. I kinda just considered it a new look. 

I think the scene with a backdrop was her essentially "dead", heart stopped beating, non responsive. Then they bring in the stretcher, turn her to her side to fit it under her (again, she turns to the left as they do so) and then the paramedics get the defibrillator and the black veil drops, she's about to be revived.

Archived