Britney Spears: History of slut shaming

Regina George

Featured Posts

Pop Music

I watched this this morning!

I was so close to screaming many times 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Gimme More

They were so disgusting to her, she's always been such a sweet girl, it's sad she had to constantly put up with this.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

vyniildisk

WOOW i started watching and then eminem started talking and i had to stop it there, woow how effing trashy, how was this even allowed? that is the same mentality that girls that dress in some way are asking for men to make advancements on them. The world really was a different place huh? how sexist all the interviewers were?

Also how famous she was?!! and super classy too? i love how she replies, she seemed  very articulate and calm back then

27monster27

I still can't get over the fact the Britney received mixed reviews solely because critics couldn't handle that she wanted to appear more mature in her music.

he/him/his

There is a clip thats extremely creepy but I cant find. The guy started touching Britney and kissing her talking about sex and she kepy moving away and felt uncounfortable.

Edit: Watch the 4th clip:

FrederickSpears

They were terrible to her. I remember it very clearly back in the day and she was treated badly by the media since day 1. She was always a sweet girl and they weren't happy until they ruined her life and took everything away from her. Now that she's in a conservatorship the media mostly wants to keep her there. They have always had it out for her and it's horrible.

FrederickSpears
11 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I still can't get over the fact the Britney received mixed reviews solely because critics couldn't handle that she wanted to appear more mature in her music.

That entire album/era was ripped apart by critics because it was more mature. It was crazy!

DiskoBaby

She debuted in a different time when it was still controversial for young women to express their sexuality. She’s one of many trailblazers that helped break those boundaries so women like Cardi B can freely sing about her WAP without the controversy Britney and others at her time went through.

FrederickSpears

Also don't forget after her VMA performance of doing Oops!, the host said "Britney went from the Mickey Mouse Club to the Strip Club" these things would not be said today.

When you say that Britney didn't have any impact, sorry, part of teaching that women can wear whatever they want, can express their sexuality, Britney was part of this (along with others) but Britney had to deal with a lot of sh-t because she was younger.

Imagine a 30+ years old men and women asking a 17 years old girls if she's virgin in front of many people?

I just want to know who are they and shame them for all to see.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, frederiickx said:

Also don't forget after her VMA performance of doing Oops!, the host said "Britney went from the Mickey Mouse Club to the Strip Club" these things would not be said today.

I remember that at the time! Feminists actually put her down saying it was degrading but now the entire culture changed where Miley Cyrus and Beyoncé dancing like that is perfectly acceptable and celebrated. She was ahead of her time.

27monster27
5 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

That entire album/era was ripped apart by critics because it was more mature. It was crazy!

1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

I remember that at the time! Feminists actually put her down saying it was degrading but now the entire culture changed where Miley Cyrus and Beyoncé dancing like that is perfectly acceptable and celebrated. She was ahead of her time.

This makes me wonder even more about how Original Doll would have been received by the public. That would have been her fighting back, and going full in on everything that was bothering her.

he/him/his

Archived