Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rosalia for 'Mujer Hoy' magazine

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Interview:

I don't speak Español and I think most people here don't understand even one word from this interview too:derpga:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

2 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I don't speak Spanish and I think most people here don't understand even one word from this interview too:derpga:

Careful puppet. Spanish speakers might not appreciate the word choice.:kiss:

FfFfFfFF
38 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

I don't speak Español and I think most people here don't understand even one word from this interview too:derpga:

That's unfortunate, isn't it? :derpga:

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

That's unfortunate, isn't it?

ConfusedHarmlessGreathornedowl-size_rest

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

FfFfFfFF

@777777777777777777

While we are all waiting for her third album to become reality, the Spanish artist who has made flamenco a world cultural phenomenon becomes an icon of beauty.

The Rosalía phenomenon has gone from zero to infinity in just three years, and she has done it before our eyes: we have seen her rub shoulders with the Kardashians, eat the stage at the Grammys and the MTV awards , raise the bar through her collaborations with Travis Scott (TKN, which they released in May), Sech, J Balvin or Daddy Yankee, and has even said no to Madonna when she asked her to sing at her birthday party.

Along the way, she has emerged as a global star, racking up awards, headlining festivals, performing at massive events and breaking the internet with her Instagram posts and TikTok videos. “The power of social media never ceases to impress me. But, as I have grown up with it, I live it as a natural thing ”, she explains. Her last stop elevates her as a planetary icon: she has just become an ambassador for Viva Glam, the M · A · C lipstick that, for more than a quarter of a century, has perfectly married the magnificent divism of the queens of the pop world, like Ariana Grande, Fergie or Miley Cyrus. “ It is an honor to be the image of Viva Glam. Imagine, all the women who have been before me are artists that I admire since I was a child.: in my room I had posters of Missy Elliott, I bought Christina Aguilera records and I used to watch videos of Rihanna in awe ", she tells us.

Predictably, he lipstick is reminiscent of flamenco, passion and rapture. “ Makeup is ritual, it is transformation. Until very recently, I did it myself before going on stage, ”she explains. Playing with paddles, eyeliners, and shadows was her lull before the storm. " I was looking at tutorials and trying to find exactly what I wanted, " she adds. Now you know that makeup has to be delegated to others.

Rosalía controls every detail of her career and has been very clear about her goal from the beginning (and no, it is not the global fame that has taken us all by surprise). In her case, the end is the means: "I want them to let me build what is in my head." In your universe, creation is drive , but also vision. Making it come true has required superhuman effort and a large dose of maturity that she claims to have accumulated along the way. " When you have to sing at weddings where it's hard to make yourself heard, you end up learning a lot about humility ."

In her resounding worldwide success there is a great part of amazement and an even greater part of talent and uniqueness that leaves mouths open to those who peek into his unusual mix of the cultured and the polygon, of flamenco and trap . There is also a perseverance that seems out of this world. This is what her teachers, her collaborators, her team and herself have said stands out about her “I am disciplined, without a doubt. I take it very seriously because it has cost me a lot to get it - she confesses -. But on stage I feel like a channel, a means of transmitting energy and emotions ”.

The music of Rosalia has that super power: if you connect with it, it seems that speaks directly to your soul, without intermediaries. And his is a spiritual conversation in which many people participate. Even Columbia Records CEO Ron Perry sees in her " an enormous talent that only occurs once in every generation ." That is probably one of the secrets to your success. And marketing, of course. There is a lot of money behind Rosalía. Billboard magazine, the bible of the industry, tells that " in it they have invested up to five times more than what is destined to the career of any Latin artist ." And without stopping singing in Spanish.

Rosalía discovered flamenco as an epiphany when she was just 13 years old, when she overheard Camarón de la Isla. Her fascination gave way to conscientious study, to a degree in Flamenco Singing at the Escuela Superior de Música de Cataluña . With Los Ángeles, her first album , she was going to be a cantaora. With The evil wanting, the second (and her final degree project), she made urban transgression her engine. Trap and polygon culture commune with pure forms of cante jondo, in a musical audacity that could not go unnoticed. That it has become a global phenomenon is already part of history. A phenomenon that, like her, did not come out of nowhere. It was captured during the more than two years of work that Rosalía and her producer, Pablo Díaz-Reixa, El Guincho, dedicated to each line, each beat and each measure. 

" Music has no owner, " she defends. With good reason, music is the particular heritage of those who listen to it, of those who feel it. Each one has their reasons for loving Rosalía's music. She reduces it to authenticity. “I feel like I'm honest with myself. How others receive it remains a mystery to me ”.

Is not perfectly translated but I guess this should work. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
FfFfFfFF

I haven't posted these before so I'll do now (it's actually my first time seeing them..)

8b887c46bbe3a69f4a010c0b909429027bbecb4e

6726574799e0f295913ff11af47fdd1f778f40b5

d76aa07fcd6b9060262722df811c7c4af7ee839c

3b86ed0b0ceb84dda24ed86368d3c08ecc423647

Jose P
On 9/19/2020 at 1:58 PM, 777777777777777777 said:

Do we have to cater to the English speakers now?

Archived