💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Music industry and Gaga’s mental health

DSK

Featured Posts

There’s so much about Gaga’s life we still don’t know - and might never do. But there’s also so much she tells us in ways that take some time for us to understand...

It’s clear by now that the 911 MV is about the episode when Gaga was rushed to the ER due to a psychotic break. The final scene in the “dream” scenario, when everyone’s pointing at her, representing her guilt and feeling that everyone was blaming her for the whole situation. 

and then MTN begins with Gaga being carried through the hospital while reciting the Prelude Pathetique. Remember?

When I look back on my life
It's not that I don't want to see things exactly as they happened
It's just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way
And truthfully the lie of it all is much more honest because
I invented it
Clinical psychology tells us arguably that trauma is the ultimate killer
Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics
They can be lost forever
It's sort of like my past is an unfinished painting
And as the artist of that painting
I must fill in all the ugly holes
And make it beautiful again

She’s literally rewriting her memories with art. She’s using art to heal. Making some use out of it. That’s a true artist. If life brings me suffering - intense suffering - at least let me make something useful out of it.

In a recent interview Gaga mentioned how she’d been locked up in a house with people watching her to make sure she wouldn’t do anything dangerous. The Malibu house

Who’s that girl, Malibu Gaga?

Looks so sad what is this saga?

She makes it clear in Plastic Doll how the music industry was a huge responsible for all of this trauma. The boys playing with her in the song are not lovers - they are businesspeople, managers in the industry who’ll go all the way draining her energy in order to make money from the artist they helped create. 

And finally, there was the Bloodpop interview in which he mentions the following: “there were days when Gaga would go down a rabbit hole of sadness and depression, and I had to remind her that she wanted to be Lady Gaga do begin with.”

So, yeah, it was her dream to become a star, to be famous, to become Lady Gaga. And that has somehow also become a curse. And there are people in the industry who simply don’t care and will just make sure she, as an artist, fulfills her contract and keeps on delivering albums and songs and performances even if it costs her whole mental health.

She’s been telling us that for a while now. The song Living on the radio was also about that. 

At the end of the 911 MV we see LG - Life’s beautiful. That’s probably and ironic statement against the music industry: you make me act and work as if everything’s glamourous and pretty, but look at what this whole thing has done to me now. 

We should be kinder, and more grateful towards her. Gaga’s a fighter. 

DiskoBaby

911 is really the sequel to John Wayne 😌

she crashed her car doing psychedelic drugs and had a weird vision and then woke up

Chromatica Island

So MTN is sort of a sequel to 911

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

BillieGOAT
21 minutes ago, DSK said:

When I look back on my life
It's not that I don't want to see things exactly as they happened
It's just that I prefer to remember them in an artistic way
And truthfully the lie of it all is much more honest because
I invented it
Clinical psychology tells us arguably that trauma is the ultimate killer
Memories are not recycled like atoms and particles in quantum physics
They can be lost forever
It's sort of like my past is an unfinished painting
And as the artist of that painting
I must fill in all the ugly holes
And make it beautiful again

To this day, this is one of the most beautiful things she’s ever written.

I love your analysis too! :hug:

Yes. You can tell it's always the truth and never changes, it goes far back to stars like Shirley Temple and Judy Garland. Some can handle it better than others but no one escapes it in tact, not even the men, David Bowie and Prince. A duality of blessing and a curse made from dreams.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

The Edge Of Glory

911 M/V is deep and very heavy, with multiples meanings. Many people will not like because it's not a dancing video, but this is art, it's the best from gaga and I'm dying for it 💕

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

We certainly don't always need heavy choreography either, especially since our fandom seems to take it for granted. Just look at all of the reactions about it all across the interwebs.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Op may or not be right about how this video reflects her life.  I know that she learned to drive just a couple years ago. She may or may not have been afraid to drive because she could cause a bad traffic accident. 

I love how the movie playing was Armenian, and the poster was white sands New Mexico, and how the Emergency medical techs and other pedestrians were in the dream film.  She was not driving that severly damaged suv. I don't know why she was apologizing. Maybe she was walking across the street to the lambo? Though she is next to the bike initially.

After seeing the end scene with the EMT's, I don't think this was about her bipolar issues really.  Possibly just drifting in and out of consciousness after the traffic accident.

Edit: I thought the song was about mental illness before the video came out. Laugh at myself here. The whole video is a metaphor for a mental illness.  She is Queen of double entendre.

Lippoutou
39 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

911 is really the sequel to John Wayne 😌

she crashed her car doing psychedelic drugs and had a weird vision and then woke up

29 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

So MTN is sort of a sequel to 911

So John Wayne leads into 911 which then leads into Marry The Night :bradley:

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, Lippoutou said:

So John Wayne leads into 911 which then leads into Marry The Night :bradley:

I honestly think her music videos are all connected in Chromatica, except for BTW.

Zaplingfire

There are visual comparisons between the two videos too. Just little things. Like her hair when she’s first crying on the stretcher is the color she’s dying her hair in the tub in the MTN video. Also the hair color of her hair and eyebrows at the end of the 911 video and the start of the MTN video are flipped. And obviously when she exploded the cars in the MTN video. There’s probably other ones I’m missing. 

I don’t know if it was intentional but I definitely thought the same thing as I watched it. I may be biased because Marry The Night was always my favorite video of hers. I definitely think you could say they seem like they could be part of the same story. 

DiskoBaby
19 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

I honestly think her music videos are all connected in Chromatica, except for BTW.

Stupid Love is the sequel to Born This Way

Chromatica Island
6 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Stupid Love is the sequel to Born This Way

How do you know that?

Archived