Chromatica Island

This makes me love the song even more tbh

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

To truly understand the video, it helps to replace the car crash with a mental health episode. 

Then, you'll see how the video is about needing 911 (her tablets) to save her from her 'manic' brain (the hallucinations), just like how 911 (the emergency services) are needed to save someone from a car accident.

It's about saying how mental health is just as bad as physical health, and needs emergency treatment in the same way a physical disaster requires.

This is what I was thinking, as someone with anxiety attacks this really connected with me. I also have to take medications for my mental health as well.

Chromatica Island

I also think the people who are recording the accident are a reference to Angel Down

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, Monsterabriel said:

I also think the people who are recording the accident are a reference to Angel Down

She also talked about she herself looking like a train wreck to others during her career 

please enlighten me to death

Chromatica Island

Someone said in the Twitter thread that the accident is a symbol of her neuropathic pain

Also the evolution of the hair

- covered in blood

-cleaned, head split into to like a crack

- blood starts to come out again

- cleaned again, they are stabilizing her head

- a big rush of blood again, she's losing a lot of blood from the head

- cleaned, her head is being stabilized again

- a few drops on her forehead are left, the wound has been handled.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

CharlieCashmere

I'm so obsessed with this video. It's so surrealist + makes me think of Salvador Dali for some reason. So much to unpack!

2 hours ago, KNJ said:

Gaganow made a great thread with pic comparisons and more on film references

The only thing that confused me about this is that i thought the boy dying was the one who got hit on the bike. 

So was it Gaga who was on the bike?

3 hours ago, Quartz said:

34) 'I didn't have my pills!' - This suggests that she caused the accident because she wasn't stable because she did not have her medication.

She says "I didn't take any pain pills."

6 minutes ago, ChavaWM said:

The only thing that confused me about this is that i thought the boy dying was the one who got hit on the bike. 

So was it Gaga who was on the bike?

SFA video starts with flashbacks of Gaga riding a bike confirmed :awesome:

46 minutes ago, metalpsi said:

also this, after rejecting the CPR she was walking the death parade, the black dress is her being dead.

I knew this scene looked familiar.

Worth noting that the Death card in Tarot is rarely associated with actual Physical death, rather it's a metaphor for change; change that can either be traumatic (if you try to resist it) or an opportunity for rebirth. Using trauma as a source of inspiration has always been a staple Gaga theme.

Another aspect where I think we should try to pay more attention is the color symbolism. This is Chromatica after all. Even the main inspiration for the video, The Color Of Pomegrenades is an indication of that.

The door has the colors Blue, Green, Red and Yellow on it. We then see Gaga wear monochromatic outfits for each of these. Notably, she also has distinctive headpices for all of them.

Blue -- dancing in front of a circular pool with silver Koons balls. Rose on her head.

Green -- raising to the heavens, with a halo around her head and a fading white rose in her hands before being pulled back down

Red -- head bleeding and walking a Tarot-like death parade

Yellow -- ressurcitation attempt, with the tapestry showing the "real" world; spikes coming out of her head

She then dances in the black outfit, face covered by a mask, with flowers in the 4 colors mentioned above, before the "virgin sacrifice scene" and her consciousness returning.

My first guess is that each of these could symbolize a specific traumatic event in her life. Tommorow morning, I'll take a look into symbolism of each of these colors, particularly as they relate (if they do) to Sayat-Nova. I'll also try and see if the old tribe ideas could be of any indication.

I thought she said, "I didn't have pain pills". Everyone else is hearing: I didn't have my pills. She has previously said that the Dr would not prescribe pain pills for her fibro. Just a shock response.

The mangled suv driver was the pillow guy. The lambo driver was getting oxygen. She must have been on the bike.

Very interesting video, I like it, alot.

4 hours ago, Quartz said:

34) 'I didn't have my pills!' - This suggests that she caused the accident because she wasn't stable because she did not have her medication.

It says that she says "I don't have pain pills" so that makes me think that she was trying to tell them that she caused the accident not by taking pain pills because she might've depended on them, but actually because they were her anti-psychotics and she needed to take them, but she took them at the VERY wrong place at the wrong time and caused the whole accident while she was riding on her bike to pick up apples. 

That's just what I think though, but what she says exactly makes the situation different :enigma:

Archived