opinion

Product placement at the end of 911 MV

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Woohoo said:

The 'life's good' message contrasting with the chaotic scene was a nice touch, bonus points for LG being gaga's initials 

she previously said that her friends / co-workers often call her or refer to her as LG

4 hours ago, Gatlyn said:

Actually when the Telephone video came out a lot of users here had issues with the blatant Plenty of Fish ads

I was about to say this.... Telephone definitely got dragged. 

Chromatica Island

It's in the middle of the city and it's real life, so it doesn't cheapen it, this didn't need a cheap thread.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Chromatica Island
4 hours ago, joannesrats said:

It honestly barely felt like product placement. It's cool. LG are her initials and the slogan "Life's Good" while she's laying on the ground and dying is a really, really strong message on how corporations ignore the bad and focus on the good - something that is actively happening right now regarding the pandemic. I'm not sure if this is how LG wanted their advertisement to go, but it works. It also has the image of a man on the horse in the background - the same man that's in the start of the video. 

It's honestly genius of her

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Reality

Did y'all hate the product placement this much in Telephone? :selena: 

I thought it was beautifully ironic. It's actually a clever use of product placement.

#1. She crashed in the middle of the street near movie theatre, so of course there's going to be advertisements everywhere

#2. LG could also stand far "Lady Gaga." 

#3. The irony of "life's good" when she's screaming in pain after almost dying is hauntingly beautiful. 

🃏🖤👹

Lippoutou

Earlier one member noted that it could refer to her fame. From the outside, you could imagine that the life of a superstar such as Lady Gaga  is all shining and something to envy (life's good). Meanwhile in her head it really just looks like the accident scene and people fail to see it because they cling onto the superficial.

5 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I hate it too but at least it fits well with he scene with LG being her initials and also the irony of "life's good" 

I don't hate it because like you said it fits so well. The members of the Haus often call Gaga 'LG' and the LG slogan being life's good is just perfectly ironic. I'm surprised a company this big would agree to a video treatment like this, bravo to them.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

I think "LG Life is good" also is self-parody that refers to people who think her life is perfect just because she is Lady Gaga :ohwell:

bluemonkey

It’s kinda like we get why but it is distracting and takes away the emotional impact of the ending.

I felt like they could have done it any time through the video especially since most of the shots were static so it would be less bothersome if it was just placed behind them like a set piece or as a cutaway. I don’t mind product placements as I understand it’s they videos get funded but they could’ve done it more subtle

Archived