💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Product placement at the end of 911 MV

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

I think this is not really a product placement as that is the exact contrary of what Gaga's leaving through the video : "Life is good", and it's an harsh modern time

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

If that one detail is the only thing a person takes away from the video, then well it says more about the person than the video :ohwell:

Gagz4Gaga
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

You can see she got a budget for the video lol

I dont mind it, Telephone is filled with product placements

The Telephone MV was tasteful. This one, that LG ad ruins it for me.

So weird when people are complimenting that move like 911 was for a TV brand commercial.  :bradley:

nostalgia’s for geeks

LOVE FOOLISH

I mentioned this in the discussion thread! I thought it was ironic, especially with Gaga saying she didn't want to die after the "Life's Good" ad flash :huntyga: it also shows how capitalism has taken over and we will soon be owned by big corporations in the future lol. Also, I believe the phone on the selfie stick that the one person at 4:22 was holding is also LG. Doesn't she have a contract with Apple? I don't know how these things work but I believe it all has a purpose in this super artsy MV. My literature and art analysis brain lobe is tingling :gum:

giskardsb

It was actually worked in as part of the narrative, so not that bad.

However, somebody has to pay for these things to be made.  Since people have generally decided not to pay for music anymore, how do you expect to get high budget videos made?

5 minutes ago, Quenty said:

I think this is not really a product placement as that is the exact contrary of what Gaga's leaving through the video : "Life is good", and it's an harsh modern time

That’s LG’s slogan. It’s not a random message from Gaga:billie:

CyanLights

tbh it was one of the least invasive product placements in video so im not too bothered 

Music videos aren't cheap, they need their sponsorships :rip: 

OracleMonster

I think it fits, the TV says screen reads LG “Life is good” 

When the short film is about her reality/trauma - the way she masked her pain in the past but onscreen “life was good” 

1 minute ago, SLAG said:

That’s LG’s slogan. It’s not a random message from Gaga:billie:

Yeah I know but I find it completely sarcastic!

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

buzzkill
15 minutes ago, Brecht said:

That completely took me out of the story. Maybe they should have put a symbol to LG in the hallucination to justify it being there. Unless there is one and I missed it.

its the last scenes before the credits.. i didnt mind that much

sis, product placements has been here since TF era. im glad she put it at the end and not in the middle of this mindgame of a music video. yes, no one asked for it, but she better bag those coins

00026 † 10000

Archived