• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep

oh my god 

she was really in a terrible place

i am so proud of her, truly the video is an artistic triumph

Andy McQueen

It reminds me of El Topo and also The Holy Mountain, both directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky. 

And also The Fall, which was also directed by Tarsem Singh. 

I think it was also inspired by an Armenian movie called “The Color of pomegranate” by the armenian movie director Paradjanov which is an art film from the ‘50s (I think). The movie is filled with a lot of unusual pictures inspired by the armenian culture. The shot where she is tied to the rope and flying is inspired by a scene from the film “8 1/2” which is an Italian film. She Did that! It was amazing!! ❤️❤️❤️ Also reminds me of "Pecular Children" by Tim Burton. 

Thank you Gaga for everything. I have mental health issues too so it speaks strongly to me. 

This video reminds me a lot of the movie 'The Holy Mountain' and the series 'The OA', especially the plot twist at the end.

2 minutes ago, Chris Evans said:

that scream had that very specific tone of someone actually dying it brought me to tears my god

Me too. I began crying as soon as I heard her scream in pain and cry. I was feeling Gaga’s pain from the lyrics at the same time. 

This is her artistic re-peak.

This is also a very real, very raw insight. She let us inside her mind, her psyche. It's a way to allow the viewer to feel the agony and the pain, the self-doubt and the shame, the whole neverending cycle of mental trauma that she feels.

I'm at a loss of words.

Please Gaga, please take care of yourself. You're a gift to the humankind and we NEED you.

:bradley::heart:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

papergangster
4 minutes ago, Peace said:

who is the director ? i didn't like it. 

And let’s totally disregard her heartfelt message. Google the director, you’re already on the internet. 

The ending affected me so strongly, I realized my hands were shaking when it was over. I'm so glad Gaga's in a better place, I hate thinking of her in so much pain... but she turned it into art for us and now I'm crying 

broken heart crying GIF

TheOriginalOne
6 minutes ago, Peace said:

who is the director ? i didn't like it. 

Why did this sound so Karen?! 

“I didn’t like it. I need to speak with the director.” 

:toofunny:

artpopsexual

Omg, this is so beautiful ❤ I'm truly so happy for Gaga, I can see she's in a better place now, and feels secure enough to share those moments with us in the form of art :kara:

We'll always be there for you, Gaga 💕 We can feel you too :pawsup:

1 minute ago, papergangster said:

And let’s totally disregard her heartfelt message. Google the director, you’re already on the internet. 

sorry if i didn't like it.

2 minutes ago, TheOriginalOne said:

Why did this sound so Karen?! 

“I didn’t like it. I need to speak with the director.” 

:toofunny:

i dunno who is he ? :ladyhaha:

Pharamon
3 minutes ago, LaLa said:

The ending affected me so strongly, I realized my hands were shaking when it was over. I'm so glad Gaga's in a better place, I hate thinking of her in so much pain... but she turned it into art for us and now I'm crying 

broken heart crying GIF

Me too! 

Archived