Twitter is going crazy for Gaga's new single 911

David Ward

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

That’s cute but will they stream the video once it’s out ?! :trollga:

They didn't even bother to check the title of the song, so let's say they won't :sweat:

1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

That’s cute but will they stream the video once it’s out ?! :trollga:

Yes once. The question is, will they keep streaming.

FentyGa
2 hours ago, Adarsh said:

She didn’t lie. Also she herself has some songs like that (Just Dance) so she’s allowed to say it. 

1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

??? as if Stupid Love and Plastic Dull have amazing lyrics... she’s being versatile with her writing, as always. She’d allowed to note when her songs are serious or not. She literally had several mental breakdowns trying to record these lyrics. 911 is not a Just Dance. 

it’s all in the way she said it. it reads as condescending

my point also connects to that slightly racist/anti-black comment she made about charts and how she misses ‘dance and rock music’ (predominantly white genres) at enigma. she sometimes says things that make me cringe, and this comment is another one

1 hour ago, C1trus said:

Context is the key. 

also this^^

there’s a possibility that in context it came off differently, in addition to the tone and its significance.

ijs it came off a certain way

Galactic Mess
7 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

my point also connects to that slightly racist/anti-black comment she made about charts and how she misses ‘dance and rock music’ (predominantly white genres) at enigma. she sometimes says things that make me cringe, and this comment is another one

also this^^

there’s a possibility that in context it came off differently, in addition to the tone and its significance.

ijs it came off a certain way

What is the problem with wanting your favorite music genres to be on top? I don't see how this could be turned into a political issue involving race. I personally agree with her, because I find rap very boring. Of course there are great songs in every genre, but overall it does not appeal to me, because I don't really like songs you can't sing. Well, except for solely instrumental songs, but they're a whole other world.

Anyhow, I agree the bragging (if real, since this article got even the song title wrong) was unnecessary. That's not to say she's wrong, 911's lyrics are indeed very good :vegas:

BornAsUnic0rn
2 hours ago, Adarsh said:

She didn’t lie. Also she herself has some songs like that (Just Dance) so she’s allowed to say it. 

And in said songs (Just Dance) she’s actually saying it with a lot of sarcasm and a wink. Because she was always aware of that shallowness.

Also staying with Just Dance it’s lowkey genius how she wrote it initially for the PCD, underlying a song about partying and having fun written for a sex sells girl group with irony and awareness of the shallowness. 

i can't believe my straight friends know about its release :billie: they told me yesterday that "gaga's song on tiktok" will have a video and i was like what and they said oh it's all over social media you didnt see?

yas gaga bring those straights back :billie:

... and now i just sit in silence.

46 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

point also connects to that slightly racist/anti-black comment she made about charts and how she misses ‘dance and rock music’ (predominantly white genres) at enigm

:lmao:

1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

How can it be slightly racist when black people were also the pioneers for the development of dance and rock music (at least in the US)?

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Daylight Jokers
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

my point also connects to that slightly racist/anti-black comment she made about charts and how she misses ‘dance and rock music

I'm not a fan of rap music, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-black. With that logic, everyone who doesn't listen to rap/trap music is anti-black.

monstertoronto
5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Not them thinking the song is called "911 is coming" :air: this is one of the most poorly written articles I've ever read

Came here to say the same thing.  The writer clearly has no idea what they're talking about, has never listened to the album, and just saw a hashtag that they didn't actually understand and wrote a clickbait article.  

Archived