💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Lady Gaga thought about suicide

Stupid Oreo

Featured Posts

Stupid Oreo

"I mean, honestly, Lee, I just totally gave up on myself," she says. "I hated being famous. I hated being a star. I felt exhausted and used up."

Gaga shows Cowan the piano she used to write many of the songs, and comments that in some ways it ruined her life.

"This ruined my life," she says. "Look what you did. You can't go to the grocery store now. Look what you did. If you go to dinner with your family, somebody comes to the table. You can't have dinner with your family without it being about you. It's always about you. All the time it's about you."

Combined with PTSD from being sexually assaulted at 19, she says those close to her understood the dangers she faced and did their best to lift her up.

"I really didn't understand why I should live other than to be there for my family," she says. "That was an actual real thought and feeling."

"Did you think about suicide?" Cowan asks.

"Oh yeah, every day," Gaga says.

She adds: "Yeah, I lived in this house while people watched me for a couple of years, to make sure I was safe."

Despite the pain and struggles with fame, Gaga says she cannot stop singing. She also credits Elton John, who appears on her new album, with helping her get through the tough times.

She tells Cowan she has come to terms with her persona and herself. Lady Gaga will survive.

"No, I'm right here," she says. "I DON'T hate Lady Gaga anymore. I found a way to love myself again, even when I thought that was never going to happen."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Oreo
Just now, Daylight Jokers said:

This is why some fans should think twice before wishing her to fire her team aka her friends.

The best for her would be to fire some of her 'fans' that say that kind of stuff

5 minutes ago, Red said:

This doesn't come as a surprise, there are several lyrics on Chromatica about her suicidal thoughts

Tbh one of my first thoughts after listening to the album was 'so...is she okay?' 

wetasspussy

Guys I know this may seem unnecessary please if you know   anyone suffering from low self-esteem,mental stress ,bullying or anxiety please do ask and talk to them honestly about how are they. Nothing honestly helps more. My early teenage years were extremely tough on me to the point I almost attempted suicide. Life is too precious .Never hesitate to ask anyone how are they feeling . All we got to do is lift each other:heart:

So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up

As someone who dealt with an attempt I just feel for everyone who had to deal with this, rich, poor, ugly or "beautiful", your mind does not discriminate. I hope she's in a better place and I think she is from the outside she seems happy. If ever she wanted to take a break for a few years I think it would do a lot of good for her mental health and happiness. Being a star is not compatible or synonymous with happiness at all, the contrary. Whenever I watch 5 foot two I just get so depressed, she seemed drained, and to be evaluating her life and seeing that her personal life was not as successful as her professional life and to me and Ill always believe it but being loved and to love as cheesy as it is, is much more important for the long term and for your quality of life. I know there are many quotes that say "my job doesn't leave me like humans do" but a job cannot provide love and at some point as you get older you can't get sassy with these quotes and mindset because it's a basic human need to love and be loved, and I think that was the very thing Gaga felt was lacking in her life or maybe some sort of security/stability 

buzzkill

Sadly it doesn’t come as a shock to me. I’m just glad she has a really good support system and its been taking proper mental health medication.

As much as it's a punch to the gut to hear her explicitly say it, I'm not surprised. Her interviews about her mental health recently (esp. that Oprah one, and Zane) have alluded to this pretty heavily. 

I'm so glad she has such a strong support system around her to keep her safe and healthy when she needed that :heart: Just one of the reasons people need to stop ragging on her team.

The Fame

"When you're lonely, I'll be lonely, too. That is The Fame."

Sending all my love to her. <3

It wouldn't hurt honestly for her to go into dormancy for a year. No social media, no performances, just rest and mentally resetting. I fully support her healing. 

ShesAMess

This shouldn’t really even come as a surprise to anyone here 

Makes me so sad and I just wish people would see her as a human and actually treat her that way

Free my mind, ARTPOP

oh poor little angel :noparty: i hope she's in a better place and michael iand her friends are helping her go through it

... and now i just sit in silence.

G U C C I
15 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Is she saying She lived in a safe house WTH

This is so sad

Basically. But a private one created by her family and team. That must have only intensified the feelings of isolation and it seeming like everything revolved around her. I'm so happy she has made it out of that cycle of depression and seems to be much healthier now. 

Archived