Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Bobby spent 18 months on the original promo rollout

Lighter

Featured Posts

The fact out of ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica, the country bitch got the most promo :selena:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayCristoforo
2 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

She's way too connected right now to the public emotionally, rather than Bey and Swift that still maintaining distance and persona to her fans and public 

Because Gaga is capable of being a standalone compelling thought leader, and they are not :firega:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Kind of heartbreaking reading that. They were obviously so excited and planned everything so well.

This kind of info is interesting as it shows what their approach is. They obvioulsy learned from the mistakes of Joanne in terms of rollout. eg The video dropping the same day, Stupid Love radio deal etc.

And it also shows that they have in fact considered surprise release but ultimately prefer the conventional rollout.

One thing I disagree with is the "billboard ads" as I belive that is way too old fashioned method. Internet/spotify banners are far more important. 

myluis617

Well I kinda like that Chromatica was still succesful without much promo. This can only mean that all the missed promo opportunities will rollover to the next album when hopefully society would be normal. Watch Out For This Dancing GIF by MAJOR LAZER 

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

The fact out of ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica, the country bitch got the most promo :selena:

What? ARTPOP got tons of promo too?

6 minutes ago, Mr S said:

What? ARTPOP got tons of promo too?

What I meant is ARTPOP and Chromatica both had huge ass rollouts planned and got them scrapped.

Meanwhile Joanne, the minimalist era, got a ****ing Superbowl, a tour, a Coachella set, etc. 

6 hours ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

I get this but it seems as though every other artist adapted to the situation and continued promo but w Gaga everything just stopped and still to this day we got one (flawless) promo spot :air: its getting too late to "restart" a 4 month old album cycle.

of course im here for more Chromatica content tho and will be thankful for whatever 

Well I do agree with him in that no one wants those lame performances that Dua Lipa and Katy Perry were doing. Some of those were damn near embarassing.

However I do think ONE late night show spot would have been good. It could still be done with piano and kept it up temp (like that Stevie Wonder tribute). Uptempo doesn't always have to mean choreography. 

Economy
9 hours ago, Chromatography said:

the way covid actually ruined everything

imagine if this had come out just a year earlier...

If she didn't keep putting it off and had rode the post ASIB hype it could have :shrug:

Of course we don't know all the details of her life no doubt she had her reasons. Just feels like a wasted career moment tho. She could of had this rare mega star re-peak where their comeback is just as strong as their debut kinda like Madonna's second peak in the 90s

BlingNotTheMusic
20 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What I meant is ARTPOP and Chromatica both had huge ass rollouts planned and got them scrapped.

Meanwhile Joanne, the minimalist era, got a ****ing Superbowl, a tour, a Coachella set, etc. 

Omfg could you imagine the gay COLLAPSE if she did SBHT show with ROM/Ari and 911?!?

7 hours ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

I get this but it seems as though every other artist adapted to the situation and continued promo but w Gaga everything just stopped and still to this day we got one (flawless) promo spot :air: its getting too late to "restart" a 4 month old album cycle.

of course im here for more Chromatica content tho and will be thankful for whatever 

I think it’s because she wanted to take care of her mental health, I just feel it in some way because since summer I’ve been this semi-depressed pancake and now I have more energy to do stuff. Maybe she had similar problems.

GagaEnigma
10 hours ago, Chromatography said:

the way covid actually ruined everything

imagine if this had come out just a year earlier...

Yeah imagine if it had come right after the Oscars :bradley:

The unimaginable hype & amazing promo schedule :bradley:

Tbh as sad as this was, Gaga and her team still managed to get good exposure for the album despite everything. She owned the VMAs and this along with the COVID-19 charity event she helped put together and her support for BLM has given her more respect and fans. I’m still very happy and grateful with the songs, visuals and merchandising even! Nothing has been perfect this year for anyone. 

Archived