💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Gimme More at the ‘07 VMAs Bad?

HeavyyMetalVenuss

Was Gimme More at the VMAs a good perfomance?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your opinion?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

HeavyyMetalVenuss

possibly controversial thread incoming? :lolly:

it might come from being too young to have experienced everything firsthand, but i’ve never seen why this performance has so much controversy and hate surrounding it! when i watch the performance, britney looks sexy, and i don’t think it’s as terrible as it was made out to be at the time.

compared to her other vma’s performances this could be considered not as good, but that’s also from her catalogue setting such high standards.

do you think that this might come from nostalgia, and time proving to be kind with us becoming more aware of what was really happening with britney? i feel like the world is a lot kinder for the most part, regarding mental health and body image since the performance 13 years ago.

tumblr_m3xx4aMxb01qi0ofuo1_500.gif

it makes me sad to think about her already struggling with her life, nonetheless with the world seemingly against her at the time. :fatcat: i think most of the hate against the performance at the time stems from the hate train that was going on against her, rather than the performance itself.

Cake like Malibu Gaga

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4

I love Britney and she's an icon, but yes I do think this performance was bad, but it has a reasoning to it. She was in a dark place during that time and she was obviously very nervous and not fully there.

TimisaMonster

She was very robotic and honestly she remained that way ever since...this was the decline for me...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

She seemed out of it, stumbling, and doing a bad lip sync job. And the media was ruthless regarding her body.

Remember also how high of a bar she had set for herself. After the epic Oops, I’m A Slave 4 U, and Madonna performances, this was just a huge downgrade. And of course it was, she was in near 0 conditions to perform at the time. What’s sad is how they made her perform that night with all the sh*t she was going through, and it only ended up making things worse.

6 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I love Britney and she's an icon, but yes I do think this performance was bad, but it has a reasoning to it. She was in a dark place during that time and she was obviously very nervous and not fully there.

rumors says that she didn't handle well how  Sarah Silverman laughed at her and her kids right before she had to go on stage.

"the most adorable mistakes that you'll ever see"

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Flawless
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

This. For me it's a sad performance, I don't even like to watch.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

I love Britney and this was sad and painful to watch. You can clearly see that she didn't even wana be there.. She's looking uncomfortable & so done..! 

Instagram : saurabh_slays

I watched it live, dear god it was horrible to see. Just a really awkward moment. I didnt even think. About bad dancing, just pittied britney for a very uncomfortable moment

I personally think it’s bad but it’s not even her fault she was in a dark place at the time I mean kudos to her for making through it

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

migamiga

There was a lot of negative press leading up to it also. People were saying how she didn’t go to rehearsals (apparently true) and how she might not even show up to the performance. It was her first major performance since itz and all the drama she dealt with the paparazzi. It was clear that she was completely out of it cause Britney ALWAYS killed it and her choreo was always on point. This was a mess, but an iconic mess. I love the performance cause in a twisted way it’s pretty much the message gaga was trying to make with her 2009 via performance. Everyone wanting to watch the downfall of the blonde superstar

Regina George

Not good but I honestly saw worse performances so I never understood the outrage.. It was just cool to hate on Britney back then so people jumped on the hate train. I feel like if someone performed like this today people would be worried at least..

Regina George
23 minutes ago, River said:

rumors says that she didn't handle well how  Sarah Silverman laughed at her and her kids right before she had to go on stage.

"the most adorable mistakes that you'll ever see"

I hate her so much for doing this knowing damn well how hard it is for women in the business and the fact that Britney was there listening to it is just beyond crazy. MTV literally planned this and wanted her to fail. 

Yes, it was very bad. But it's not her fault. 

I've never seen someone look so blatantly uncomfortable on stage. You can tell that she just wishes that she were anywhere but there, and it was in such a difficult period in her life. It makes me sad just thinking about that performance. I feel awful for her that she had to do it. 

Archived