💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Gimme More at the ‘07 VMAs Bad?

HeavyyMetalVenuss

Was Gimme More at the VMAs a good perfomance?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your opinion?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio

Its ridiculously bad, no discussion. That doesn’t mean its not really culturally relevant, but for any mega-artist standard like Britney at the time, it’s absolutely atrocious.

HausOfAntonio
11 minutes ago, lifeasgeorge said:

It was so bad it was iconic, even when britney was giving no energy she was still so captivating. 

Brtiney’s “Go Girl Give Us Nothing” is still a good performance for Dua :billie:

as a kid who started loving britney at the end of in the zone and seeing how good she was dancing in videos and on stage i was so excited to finally see a performance i could witness live on television. at new years eve they always televised tour shows from various artists and on december 31st 2004 i saw the onyx hotel tour on television and loved everything i saw. i watched every performance i could find (internet wasnt an option for me yet) and loved how she moved and danced around

i was devastated. i was so shocked that she was just walking from A to B and back with a few hand movements. i couldnt believe what i saw. i was used to onyxney and dwadney and loved learning her choreos and wanted to see how she would dance to gimme more. to this day i never got that excitement from britney again, i got when i first really learned about her. she was sadly never the same again and it took me til her vegas residency to finally be at piece with it

and can i just say that they couldnt even sync the backdrop to the music. it wasnt all britney. the whole thing flopped :derpga:

You will learn respect!

MonsterPug

I was in middle school when it happened and I had the performance downloaded on my iPos nano and would watch it during lunch and class :vegas: 

i always thought she seemed like she was forced to do it, she looks so tired and upset :noparty:

... and now i just sit in silence.

MonsterBall13

Honestly I don’t think it was bad at all she looked fabulous but you could tell she wasn’t herself

i feel sorry for everything she went through in 2007

27monster27
20 hours ago, Jose P said:

She seemed out of it, stumbling, and doing a bad lip sync job. And the media was ruthless regarding her body.

Remember also how high of a bar she had set for herself. After the epic Oops, I’m A Slave 4 U, and Madonna performances, this was just a huge downgrade. And of course it was, she was in near 0 conditions to perform at the time. What’s sad is how they made her perform that night with all the sh*t she was going through, and it only ended up making things worse.

People don't usually know this, but one of her heels broke at the beginning of the performance, that's why on the first steps she stumbles a bit.

I think the performance plan itself wasn't the best either. It should have been more stripper based; the choreography given honestly didn't match the song for me.

Also, Britney can't be blamed for the bad performance. It was her team, the press, and society that boiled down to this happening. She should have honestly done a music video debut at the VMA's like Kanye did in 2016.

he/him/his

Well that’s a normal performance for most pop singers, but it was her “comeback” performance and Britney was always a very great dancer and put on great performances. Compared to her prior Iive performances it was terrible. 

DiskoBaby

It’s iconic! I actually love it. A hot mess but an iconic hot mess but I don’t think it’s bad. A bad performance would be something I wouldn’t want to watch. Her performance was entertaining by the fact it represented where she was at that time and the drama surrounding it. It’s still better than a lot of current artists performances that I wouldn’t look twice at. 
It’s  one of my favorite performances by her.

DiskoBaby

I rather see Britney give zero ****s on stage than see an irrelevant b-list singer do a boring but ~good~ performance

lavenderblondee

"Bad" sums it up, but feels wrong to say.

I don't know Britney personally, but this feels so forced that it makes me uncomfortable. She had just gotten through a really hard time in her life, she was STILL going through it, and there she was performing.  I commend her for performing, I feel for her that she probably shouldn't have. 

Archived