Million Gypsies

Gyspy Album vs Demo?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Album or Demo?

• Album
    • Demo

Featured Posts

Million Gypsies

Soo as my username suggests, Gypsy is one of my all time favorite Gaga songs, and it really was what made the ARTPOP era really stand out to me (other than some other bops and other... questionable songs :triggered:).

Anyways, I've always loved the Album version obviously, but I think I like the Demo version a little more because of the piano in the beginning, some different lyrics here and there, and the "I can be, I can be Tonight!" part she sings in the demo.  :ladyhaha: I don't know why she took it off the final version when she sang it in almost every time she performed it, but I feel like it gives it that much more emotion to the song.  Of course, it's a little rough towards the end, where she mumbles the unfinished lyrics because it's a demo, but I still prefer it just a little bit more for the more raw vocals. :heart:  What do you guys think? :firega:

The demo's second "I don't wanna be alone forever, maybe we could see the world together" is one of my favorite snippets of vocals in Gaga's whole discography tbh

ShayCristoforo

There are a couple superior parts in the demo. But overall the album version is polished and more cohesive. The lyrics are cleaner too. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

If I could, I would keep the second "I can be" in the second pre-chorus, gives the song a little extra oomph before powering through into the chorus :enigma:

Also, the way she says "mission beach partayy" in a subdued tone in the first verse is very... interesting :enigma:

Otherwise the final version is great

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Album version by far.

There are elements from the demo that are slightly superior (“I can be tonight...”) but parts of it are also incredibly clunky in comparison (second verse).

As with most ARTPOP songs I feel like people overrate the demos simply because they’re different and are not tainted like the album versions.

Pop Music

both all the time every day of my life 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

2School4Cool

I feel like one of the only ones who actually prefers the album versions of every song on ARTPOP. I do adore the demo of Gypsy, though, it’s an amazing alternate version of my favorite Gaga song.

See The Best In Everyone

Franch Toast

I'd like a amalgam of both. I prefer her voice in the demo version (it's sultrier), but I prefer the lyrics in the album version. The demo sounds like it would fit on Joanne. (Not an insult by the way. I love Joanne.)

However, I'd really love for her to re-record the song and change the title to "Nomad" so that she could perform it again with all the baggage of the word "gypsy." She could even debut the new version at Brian Newman's "After Dark" show at the Nomad Restaurant. (Yes, I've given this a lot of thought because I really like the song but am aware that many find the term offensive.) 

She/Her/Hers

Both versions have some great parts, perhaps need to combine the good parts of both. Either way, this should have been the third single. How they messed that up is beyond me considering it's basically the TEOG of ARTPOP and they jsut saw how TEOG saved BTW era

Archived