Katy Perry says she’d be open to working with Blackpink

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awakened M
3 hours ago, 777777777777777777 said:

Why oh, why do you keep tellin' yourself all of them lies? oo yeah oooo yeah  nanana

@Awakened Mlove your avatar :wub:

Aww thank you:hug:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

pop ate my heart
3 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Gurl, the GP doesn’t even know BP exist. Katy may not be as successful rn but people still know her from years ago.

yeah but that doesn't mean the gp is still interested in her music. nobody pays attention to her anymore, no shade all facts. and BP is an up and coming act for the GP and they're getting a lot of attention, so it's not a fair comparison for either of them.

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

I am so over KP's management and public management. 

I am sure she truly wants it, but not for the share of the passion, only to have a hit... Feels desperate and even a bit insulting to me... It sounds like to her, BLACKPINK is just a hit machine... :interestinga:

xoxojohnwayne

omg i hate her so much... "some people are here just for numbers"?? wtf do you mean? you have been singing classic pop shitty basic songs for years now LOL.

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, KindHML said:

I am so over KP's management and public management. 

I am sure she truly wants it, but not for the share of the passion, only to have a hit... Feels desperate and even a bit insulting too me... It sounds like to her, BLACKPINK is just a hit machine... :interestinga:

I’m sure Gaga used them too tbh. I like SC but the collab never felt authentic to me. 

Just now, SHALLOW said:

I’m sure Gaga used them too tbh. The collab never felt authentic to me.

I don't think SHE used them, I think it's Interscope request. 

That said, even if Gaga "used them", she would treat them so much better and kinder than KP. 

SHALLOW
5 minutes ago, KindHML said:

I don't think SHE used them, I think it's Interscope request. 

That said, even if Gaga "used them", she would treat them so much better and kinder than KP. 

Yeah but Gaga always says she’s the boss and that she only does authentic collabs and then she came up with that :bear: so even tho i grew to like Chromatica, it was still a huge disappointment. I don’t think KP would treat them like s*** tbh. Gaga’s not the only decent artist.

5 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Yeah but Gaga always says she’s the boss and that she only does authentic collabs and then she came up with that :bear: so even tho i grew to like Chromatica, it was still a huge disappointment. I don’t think KP would treat them like s*** tbh. Gaga’s not the only decent artist.

I would never say that Gaga's the only decent artist, but I am sorry the way KP is talking about BLACKPINK feels opportunistic, inauthentic and hit making. It's not decent. Not respectful. Not kind. 

Gaga may be a boss, but that's just because she KNOWS what SHE WANTS for her carrier. She would NEVER treat any artist as just a hit machine and she proved it over the years. 

4 hours ago, Autumn said:

they're getting top 20s, katy isn't even cracking the hot 100

Are you kidding me?

You really think these are the true indicators of success? How many people across the world know about Blackpink and not Katy? And how many vice versa? Hell, if not for Sour Candy, you could take a random sample of 10 people on this site and more than half still wouldn't know who or what Blackpink is. But everyone knows who Katy Perry is. She is one of the most successful female artists to emerge out of 2000s. She's the first solo artist(male or female) to have 3 Diamond singles in the US ALONE. Not to mention, she has sold over 125 million singles worldwide so far. To compare her success with Blackpink or any K-Pop artist on a global level, let alone US, is just ridiculous.

I didn't like what she said here or how she tried to throw shade at other artists with her statements and how inconsistent she sometimes comes across but I'd never take away from her the success that she has had so far in her career. She's still considered one of the biggest names in pop music globally, even though she has significantly declined, which isn't the case for BP yet. Those are just the hard facts.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Archived