💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry says she’d be open to working with Blackpink

Teletubby

Featured Posts

edengowon

...i mean, she isn't currently nearly as commercially successful as blackpink :triggered: the real question is whether they're open to working with her

Spoiler

not trying to be shady, but this is yet another case of people valuing white women's success over that of k-pop acts and by extension asian women. katy is LESS successful than blackpink at the moment, and i just think its odd that they ask her whether she's open to it, when she isn't currently thriving and isn't yet considered a legend. 

the artist formerly known as melancholia

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
3 minutes ago, Autumn said:

...i mean, she isn't currently nearly as commercially successful as blackpink :triggered: the real question is whether they're open to working with her

Hide contents

not trying to be shady, but this is yet another case of people valuing white women's success over that of k-pop acts and by extension asian women. katy is LESS successful than blackpink at the moment, and i just think its odd that they ask her whether she's open to it, when she isn't currently thriving and isn't yet considered a legend. 

Katy is WAAAAAAAY more famous. Also she has so many hits and she’s been around for more than a decade so ofc Katy>BLACKPINK. Let’s not make everything about race. 

TheOriginalOne

How many collars does blackpink have with western artists? I only know of Dua, Gaga, and Gomez.0

23 minutes ago, DonatellaPop said:

Looks like collabing with BLACKPINK is a thing now :green:

Came here expecting this comment and I was not disappointed :ladyhaha:

3 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Katy is WAAAAAAAY more famous. Also she has so many hits and she’s been around for more than a decade so ofc Katy>BLACKPINK. Let’s not make everything about race. 

You mean was more famous. Then I’d agree 

SHALLOW
11 minutes ago, Oyster said:

says the pop star that makes albums literally geared towards making numbers. my god she’s kinda pathetic. no growth to her whatsoever. she’s the sole reason for her own floppage. 

I didn’t like Smile either but i don’t think she deserves this.

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Runway said:

You mean was more famous. Then I’d agree 

Gurl, the GP doesn’t even know BP exist. Katy may not be as successful rn but people still know her from years ago.

edengowon
6 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

not right now. why do you think katy hasn't had many collaborations recently? commercially, it isn't a wise decision to hop on a track with katy perry.

as an incredibly quickly rising star in the industry, it doesn't make sense to collaborate with an older artist who's suffering from one of the worst commercial declines seen for decades 

edengowon
3 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Gurl, the GP doesn’t even know BP exist. Katy may not be as successful rn but people still know her from years ago.

they're getting top 20s, katy isn't even cracking the hot 100

Teletubby
1 minute ago, Autumn said:

they're getting top 20s, katy isn't even cracking the hot 100

GP is not just US:derpga:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

edengowon
Just now, 777777777777777777 said:

GP is not just US:derpga:

okay... blackpink are literally getting number ones outside of america. your point is?

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Awakened M said:

Alexa, stream High On Your Supply:ally:

Why oh, why do you keep tellin' yourself all of them lies? oo yeah oooo yeah  nanana

@Awakened Mlove your avatar :wub:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived