• Last Reply
edengowon

handmade heaven is one of marina's greatest songs

the videos are cinematically gorgeous

it does have some really great tracks

the album trailer still gives me chills

the artist formerly known as melancholia

PeachJug

I LOVE end of the earth, to be human, soft to be strong, no more suckers, enjoy your life 

This album actually helped me finish college 

AphroditeLaydee

omg i was tagged for the first time on this site!! after about 6 years :toofunny: thank u!!

But as I said, I actually liked the songs separately, not as a cohesive body of work sadly.

When Handmade Heaven came out I replayed the heck out of it. Especially the video. I know people drag Marina for her videos sometimes but I actually really enjoy them, and no I am not trolling when I tell you that the State of Dreaming video is one of my favorites from hers... I really just enjoy Marina and her 'signature' hand dance that she does, and the Handmade Heaven video was full of that hand pointing and hand spinning. The colors, the red against the white snow also reminded me of Rise of the Tomb Raider, so I loved that, and the flowers I really loved. 

And the part where 'Blue birds forever' gets repeated is an eargasm

To Be Human is also just perfect. One of her all time bests. 

Emotional Machine is a bop. Baby is a bop. And You was my summer song of 2019.

I also had a fight with a couple of friends and I remember replaying No More Suckers so much at that time :toofunny:

True is melodically amazing, and Too Afraid is amazing.

Again, it really has amazing songs, some of Marina's best in fact, but it just does not stand when all of them are put together. 

Just now, Doot said:

I LOVEd when I thought I was going to win this challenge of GGD Trio. 

But my FEAR of being in the bottom has happened. 

:bear:

1 minute ago, AphroditeLaydee said:

omg i was tagged for the first time on this site!! after about 6 years :toofunny: thank u!!

Omg you're welcome!!! :firega:

And yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said! A lot of the production throughout the songs just sounds too similar sometimes so all the songs sound amazing on their own, but do kind of feel a bit "the same" (but not the same) when they're in the album, you know what I mean? :derpga:

crybrowz

I do agree the album isn't up to par with her earlier albums. but Handmade Human, To Be Human, Believe in Love, and Emotional Machine are some of her best songs

AphroditeLaydee
1 hour ago, DC said:

Omg you're welcome!!! :firega:

And yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said! A lot of the production throughout the songs just sounds too similar sometimes so all the songs sound amazing on their own, but do kind of feel a bit "the same" (but not the same) when they're in the album, you know what I mean? :derpga:

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN :cryga: YES YES YES 

"the same" but not the same--it kinda doesn't make sense in words but also yes yes it does :toofunny: 

Archived