opinion

Dont disrespect joanne ever

RenegAde

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiskoBaby

It doesn’t sound cohesive to me. It felt more like a singles album with songs that were all over the place. Plus I only liked a handful of songs on it. But the songs I did like, I really liked.

The thing about Joanne is not the genre and concept, but the execution of that. It just didn’t quite go where it wanted to go, it ended up more like a bland attempt at doing something stripped down and Americana-ish. And the guitar and untouched vocals baited people (and still does) into believing it’s her most personal and intimate record when it’s not, far from it. It was jumbled, all over the place, and unfocused. Except this time it was country pop/folk/rock instead of EDM like another messy album :reductive:

RenegAde
9 hours ago, Magui said:

Never had and never will... I simply love the album and enjoyed the era so much! :legend:

lady gaga art GIF by Robin Eisenberg

:kara:

MadreMonster

I wish the album was a bit longer. It’s so strong up to Million reasons and then it goes in a completely different direction then abruptly ends. If there were a few more songs to ease the transition of sound in the back third of the album, I would have been more pleased with it.

But I’m thankful she unplugged herself and went in this stripped back direction. If she would have made another dance-pop album, I feel her career would be in a much different place right now.

Firstly, thank you to @RenegAde for such a well-constructed opening post. It comes across as a labour of love.

I think the album is great. I just think it sounds great, and the reason it sounds great is because of her voice. Those songs show off her voice really well. The era was great too, for all the reasons stated in the OP, plus carpool karaoke.  

The album i bought and wont even care to search for. 

Says a lot. Underwhelming is an understatement. Ill never forgot the disappointment upon perf illusions release. 

There are some cuteoments tho. 

RenegAde
2 hours ago, MOT said:

Firstly, thank you to @RenegAde for such a well-constructed opening post. It comes across as a labour of love.

I think the album is great. I just think it sounds great, and the reason it sounds great is because of her voice. Those songs show off her voice really well. The era was great too, for all the reasons stated in the OP, plus carpool karaoke.  

Omg thanks , her voice totally MADE joanne 

RenegAde
18 hours ago, KORG said:

My favourite moment ever was Gaga singing angel down on the roof of the dive bar. Incredible.

Next stop: Eurovision!

The dive bar tour was definitely a highlight 

hieronymus
18 hours ago, Jessica Germ said:

Joanne is literally brilliant but y’all not READY for that conversation. 

season 5 hello GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S5I'm here whenever you want to.

StrawberryBlond

It's one of my favourite eras from her and regardless of what it means for you, it's undeniable that it played a major, if not the most major part of helping her get back to precedence both commercially and critically. It acted as a good transition between AP and Chromatica (just talking studio albums here), helping make her comeback more palatable. It meant the turnaround wasn't so drastic that it could have resulted in more backlash because the public were prepared to like Gaga when she attempted her next studio album. If there was no Joanne (and probably no SB, therefore, as Gaga herself admitted that Joanne was what got her the gig), we would've gone straight from AP to ASIB which could have been a bit more...rocky. Maybe she wouldn't even have been praised that much without it. A comeback doesn't always occur from one album directly onto the next. Gaga played the long game and is really benefitted from that wise choice.

Archived