💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Kate Bush's Hounds of Love turns 35!

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Kate Bush's fifth studio album, Hounds of Love, turns was released 35 years ago today! The album is considered one of her best work to date and features the singles Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God), Cloudbusting, Hounds of Love, and Big Sky. 

cover_18542572016_r.jpg

Personally, it's my favorite album by Kate and my second favorite album of all time. What are you favorite songs on it? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

AphroditeLaydee

A CLASSIC

And Dream of Sheep really messes me up :cryga: never thought i'd find solace being in the perspective of a woman dying in icy waters but kate really took me there :cryga:

Amazing album. 

Pop with vision and epic narrative.

Experimental yet accessible. 

And it was such a groundbreaking record production-wise when it first came out. 

Hope one day Gaga will explore non-EDM ARTPOP...

Rolodex of Hate

Omg wow! 

The Ninth Wave is just so iconic - Hello Earth is everything! I would love if Gaga tried to do something a little more experimental, like Kate :) 

We have no legal choice but to stan

PopReaper

One of my favorite albums of all-time tbh :legend: My faves are the title track, Running Up That Hill and Morning Fog probably. She pretty much nailed everything with this one, from the aesthetics to the way she managed to blend both experimental and commercial music. The only thing that could've made the era better was if she had done a short film for The Ninth Wave like she did for The Red Shoes, it'd have been so legendary :giveup:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

GagaSine

An incredible album and I love Kate Bush so much. I used to listen to this album on loop when I was lovesick and sad lol. :heart: I have a vintage copy of the vinyl as well, the sleeve/cover is a little damaged but it sounds great, no scratches.

Also related but this video of Big Boi talking about Running up that Hill literally makes me cry, the way he described how he would bike to school listening to this song in his youth is just so moving and beautiful to me, and I relate to it heavily. There is something magical about biking while listening to good music.

alsemanche
2 hours ago, metalguru said:

And it was such a groundbreaking record production-wise when it first came out. 

And it was all produced by Kate herself! 

2 hours ago, AphroditeLaydee said:

A CLASSIC

And Dream of Sheep really messes me up :cryga: never thought i'd find solace being in the perspective of a woman dying in icy waters but kate really took me there :cryga:

It's such a weirdly soothing song, even after you realize what it's about :bradley:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived