Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga, Colby O’Donis - Dance Again

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Just Dance is an iconic bop, so why not?

Stanlist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Fifth Harmony girls, unperfect, Grace VanderWaal, Rina Sawayama

I think he's enjoying the money that he made with this song :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RudraCNG
4 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Sometimes, I feel Gaga thinks Just Dance is a solo

....and 99% of this fanbase :laughga:

I mean, 99,9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the times I listen to this song are live versions, so I'm really not fully aware of a duet :cryga:

3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Sometimes, I feel Gaga thinks Just Dance is a solo

....and 99% of this fanbase :laughga:

tbh his part is very sexist, I think that now she just hates it

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PartySick
1 minute ago, RudraCNG said:

I mean, 99,9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the times I listen to this song are live versions, so I'm really not fully aware of a duet :cryga:

Same :fan:

It's weird thinking his verse is unnecessary but an intro that's 8 times longer than the album version is necessary.

But facts are facts :fan:

🖤

KatieJudasGaga4
4 minutes ago, River said:

tbh his part is very sexist, I think that now she just hates it

The reason I think she doesn't acknowledge it as a collaboration anymore is that it was probably forced or it doesn't seem like a genuine collaboration in her mind tbh. Like now, she's basically the one who picks her collaborators (evident by Florence Welch, Ariana, BLACKPINK and Elton), but I think earlier in her career, her old team would just tell her to collaborate with a certain artist

PartySick

I generally don't like her collabs. Jewels n' Drugs and Hey Girl are the only two I love as much as solo songs. All the rest are better as either solos or with the other person/people cut out.

Rain on Me tows the line between the two but it's just such a good bop that being a duet doesn't detract from it :gayhat:

🖤

Anderson123

It'd be very interesting to hear what she'd come up with for a song like that. I actually just looked up his name to see what he's been up to and he's THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD. He was like 19 when Just Dance came out. Imagine being featured on someone who would later become a global superstar. He's pretty lucky and if I were him I'd be so damn proud of that.

I think either the label or Akon suggested Just Dance to be a feature so both Gaga and Colby would start their careers and see what happened so not sure if they even got along or something happened, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit on her and she just decided to step away, she just has never talked about him.

gagaxsebert

Nah, most people don’t even know he was featured on the song. & most of this fan base considers is a solo song.

Used to be HighRoad

Defmix100
1 hour ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

The reason I think she doesn't acknowledge it as a collaboration anymore is that it was probably forced or it doesn't seem like a genuine collaboration in her mind tbh. Like now, she's basically the one who picks her collaborators (evident by Florence Welch, Ariana, BLACKPINK and Elton), but I think earlier in her career, her old team would just tell her to collaborate with a certain artist

I think they were really expecting him to be the next new thing going huge. I know Akon wrote his verse then they suggested to Gaga they should get him on the track. I feel the same probably happened with Flo Rida. Do you know if she's ever acknowledged FR in an interview or anywhere?

Now when I listen to it I listen to the solo version that is much better in my opinion :huntyga:

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

I think they were really expecting him to be the next new thing going huge. I know Akon wrote his verse then they suggested to Gaga they should get him on the track. I feel the same probably happened with Flo Rida. Do you know if she's ever acknowledged FR in an interview or anywhere?

I think she probably mentioned it before she would perform the song, but never about the actual collaboration. I'm sure they didn't even meet up. Gaga wrote and recorded her part in early 2008 and Flo Rida didn't complete his part until August/September of 2008 (why Starstruck isn't on early editions of TF)

Archived