Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Nicki Go Back to Pop To Save Her Career?

RRR

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster

She honestly just needs to focus on HER music and not be known as a rent a rapper on every release under the sun...

That's why Cardi is doing WAAAY better than her and not even taking half as long as Nicki's career...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Honestly, apart from Superbass and Starships, Nicki's pop stuff really wasn't that big. Her label tried to make songs like Pound The Alarm and Va Va Voom take off but the public weren't interested. Her most successful and remembered stuff has always been her rap stuff and for good reason, it's clearly the superior product and it truly feels like her. Pop was obviously something she dipped into just to get her career off to a flying start because she ditched it as soon as pop started dying and rap was making a comeback. And as we've seen, she's recently had more success with rap-based songs, even if one of them was a remix and the other was a duet with someone awful. She's more powerful under the rap genre anyway, the pop crowd doesn't hold her in the same regard. Pop music is also a very ageist business with really only the youngest names doing well and rap doesn't seem to mind the slightly older set so much. I think Nicki's over pop anyway, the last remotely pop stuff she made was on The Pinkprint. I sometimes wonder if she even would've considered the pop route had dance pop not got so big when she was breaking out. She was one of many who used RedOne for one album and then never again.

boyerased

Nah. What she should do methinks is be more discerning with her collabs and focus on creating a “good” album. She has talent but over the past few years she just always talks about the same things over and over again, or that’s what it seems. 

xoxo Craig
16 hours ago, xcx said:

She literally got her first two #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 this year. Her career doesn’t need to be saved :yennefer:

A remix of an already popular song, and a collab with a pdf file doesn't count :billie:

End Racism Now

MaryJaneHolland
15 hours ago, justhislife said:

Arguably, her making it to #1 even though people protested the song because he's a pedophile exhibits some strength on her part doesn't it?

It broke a record for biggest second week drop for a #1, it left the top 40 :rip:

Pennywise

She should get away from publicly supporting pedos first 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Daylight Jokers
17 hours ago, xcx said:

She literally got her first two #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 this year. Her career doesn’t need to be saved :yennefer:

Wait, what was the other one? I can only think Trollz.

Edit: I honestly forgot about Say So. :saladga:

ToxicHot

No. As someone on the first page said, she just got her first two #1 singles this year (one was a featured single and the other was a joint single). She's doing great and I can't wait to see more from her. Although, maybe her next era can be a little better planned strategically. She just needs something fun and catchy that'll go viral (WAP, for example).

By the way...... she can still "do pop" by featuring other artist's singles.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

ToxicHot
14 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

She honestly just needs to focus on HER music and not be known as a rent a rapper on every release under the sun...

That's why Cardi is doing WAAAY better than her and not even taking half as long as Nicki's career...

But Cardi also started off doing lots of features? :oprah: That's how you create hype and basically promote yourself so that way your solo music has momentum. And Cardi was also already a social media star and reality TV star before her music career really took off, so....... Not the same situation at all.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

TimisaMonster
33 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

But Cardi also started off doing lots of features? :oprah: That's how you create hype and basically promote yourself so that way your solo music has momentum. And Cardi was also already a social media star and reality TV star before her music career really took off, so....... Not the same situation at all.

Yeah but Nicki is STILL predominantly known for features...very little of her own work 

Yeah Cardi did already have a fan base and just so happened to catapult into music but for a while Nicki and Cardi were on the same popularity level and Cardi then started to heavily promote her music and do some features here and there...

Nicki did albums and re re re releases way back in the day but now just seems content to make her career out of just saying 2 lines in people's songs...sad really cuz she can't blame anyone but herself for why Cardi is rising in popularity...Nicki is an OG with being over a decade in the biz...she should be doing A LOT better than a newbie like Cardi 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived