💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is the MR music video hated so much?

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, zerojk said:

it was a lazy video for a good song

Disagree. It wasn't lazy. Instead, it was a personal, raw, a deep dive into her life and what goes behind the cameras and her struggles. Something that her playing piano in a lush green field with a beautiful dress and her hair blowing in the wind and/or CGI magic wouldn't have captured or expressed well.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

54 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

It’s a good music video. It’s nice to see a more stripped down version of her without the choreography and theatrics. 

I actually see it as very theatrical, just in a different way

My Name Isnt Alice
1 hour ago, DC said:

I prefer this video more than Judas :bear:

LISTEN I AM PAUL SHELDON'S NO.1

FAN!

45 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

The song and the video surely have connected with a lot of people outside of here and stan twitter because the video is filled with positive comments.

I think that was the point of the video, to connect with a larger audience.

For me it doesn't really show anything deeply. It's a deep subject matter and the video, for me, doesn't reflect the meaning of the words in the song. I don't hate it, but I'd rather listen to the song without the video

It just doesn't do anything for me. 

Not intriguing. Doesn't hold my attention. Didn't gain anything after watching it. 

Love the song tho. 

2 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I think that was the point of the video, to connect with a larger audience.

For me it doesn't really show anything deeply. It's a deep subject matter and the video, for me, doesn't reflect the meaning of the words in the song. I don't hate it, but I'd rather listen to the song without the video

Interesting.

Agree with the first part.

For the second, isn't the song about needing a "good reason to stay"? In the video, that's her friends (rescuing her from the desert and helping her get dressed up) and family (her sister gifting her the cross necklace). For me it perfectly reflects the emotion in and the meaning of the song. 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

8 minutes ago, Doot said:

It just doesn't do anything for me. 

Not intriguing. Doesn't hold my attention. Didn't gain anything after watching it. 

Love the song tho. 

Hmm. Go back to thirsting on random men's feet now

IDIDIT.thumb.gif.6cd291759739c3b5965a638

Rat Boy

In my opinion, it seemed like a very low effort video. I felt that the 'story' was cliché. I found the visuals to be bland and uninspired. There are so many artists who do stripped-down videos that appear to have more thought and creativity put into them. The video she did for Joanne is a good example of a stripped-down video done well. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

8 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Interesting.

Agree with the first part.

For the second, isn't the song about needing a "good reason to stay"? In the video, that's her friends (rescuing her from the desert and helping her get dressed up) and family (her sister gifting her the cross necklace). For me it perfectly reflects the emotion in and the meaning of the song. 

Well in description it does seem like it would be reflecting the emotion of the song, but somehow in the reality it doesn't for me.

Obviously it does connect emotionally for other people tho, so it's okay we all have our different types of artistic expression that will touch us :kara:

Archived