Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is the MR music video hated so much?

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

DiskoBaby

Just read the comments on YouTube. It’s just here and maybe Twitter where people hate it. Her fans on YouTube love it. Maybe her fans outside this site respect her artistry more than here. 🧐

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell

It’s slow and kinda aesthetically boring. I get the point of the video though and it makes sense since it follows Perfect Illusion. Just her weakest MV in general though for an album song. 

1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

Just read the comments on YouTube. It’s just here and maybe Twitter where people hate it. Her fans on YouTube love it. Maybe her fans outside this site respect her artistry more than here. 🧐

This is something I've observed as well on her videos and just the general reception of her work.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

This is something I've observed as well on her videos and just the general reception of her work.

I remember her videos used to get trolled so much when she first came out. But now I see mostly positive comments and some memes on there.

Delulu Rogers

It has no replay value and is not aesthetically pleasing. It's very cringey at some parts and it's literally her awkwardly strumming a guitar with backstage shots of her sitting at her mirror. 

Having a stripped down video is great, but it could have been adele, taylor swift, harry styles level of great and well, it wasn't. Legit the photo of her riding her horse during sunset is better than the whole video 

7 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

And that is somehow not meaningful or substantive because....?

I mean it makes sense for the era but I'm talking in name of the fans expectations back then. That is for me why it does get sm hate in a way of some kind of "trauma" response

3 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

It has no replay value and is not aesthetically pleasing. It's very cringey at some parts and it's literally her awkwardly strumming a guitar with backstage shots of her sitting at her mirror. 

Having a stripped down video is great, but it could have been adele, taylor swift, harry styles level of great and well, it wasn't. Legit the photo of her riding her horse during sunset is better than the whole video 

If it didn't have any "replay value" it wouldn't be sitting at 238M+ views right now.

And why does the visual have to be extravagant always for people to connect with the song? If she is trying to make people relate to her as a human more then it makes sense to keep things simple and personal right?

The song and the video surely have connected with a lot of people outside of here and stan twitter because the video is filled with positive comments.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Joshie S

I understand why people are against it or don't visually like it.

However the story it tells, the raw moments, is exactly how you explained it by fitting the actual song so well. I think the main reason people are disappointed is because of what it could have been, especially with the live performance aesthetic & cover art that supposedly was teasing how the video would look.

It's obvious thanks to Five Foot Two that during this time period she was struggling a lot with her physical pain, which can also explain why the video wasn't "up to regular Gaga MV standards", however I think that's what she was going for.

So they used some footage that was also used for Apple, so what?! It all fits beautifully and shows even though she's going through a lot of **** she still gets glammed up (even in a pink cowboy hat) and puts on a show for us.

Unlike a lot of members here, I love and adore the video for what it is.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Delulu Rogers
8 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

And why does the visual have to be extravagant always for people to connect with the song? If she is trying to make people relate to her as a human more then it makes sense to keep things simple and personal right?

Well no one said it had to be extravagant. I wouldn't use that word to describe adele's videos for example. But it could have been a lot more interesting and aesthetically pleasing and still make people relate to her as a human. Look at her Xfactor or ama performances of the song. Literally stunning and maes you realize what the video could have been 

Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

blocked

And I oop- 

👁👄👁

🌑👄🌑

11 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Well no one said it had to be extravagant. I wouldn't use that word to describe adele's videos for example. But it could have been a lot more interesting and aesthetically pleasing and still make people relate to her as a human. Look at her Xfactor or ama performances of the song. Literally stunning and maes you realize what the video could have been 

Eh. I think the music video does a pretty good job of giving a glimpse into the life of Lady Gaga and her struggles, that a lot of people face in their lives too, something either of those performances don't. In the song she's looking for "a reason to stay" and the video does a good enough job of conveying that message IMO

Sometimes the way the visuals do justice to the story of a song are more effective than "stunning visuals"

But to each their own, obviously :huntyga:

18 minutes ago, mauvais said:

I love the videos as a trilogy but rather than have her return to the Apple set, she should've just performed at the piano :messga: I think they found the right vibe with the Joanne (Piano Version) video.
Sentimental but not soppy.

Her royal variety performance is The MR Performance for me.

I see your point. I'll just re-quote myself here. Feel free to disagree.

9 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Eh. I think the music video does a pretty good job of giving a glimpse into the life of Lady Gaga and her struggles, that a lot of people face in their lives too, something either of those performances don't. In the song she's looking for "a reason to stay" and the video does a good enough job of conveying that message IMO

Sometimes the way the visuals do justice to the story of a song are more effective than "stunning visuals"

But to each their own, obviously :huntyga:

And yeah, I agree with the RV performance being an amazing one. It's still one of her vocally best.

Archived