Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is the MR music video hated so much?

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

So we all know that the MR video is one of the least liked by the fans in general (or probably the least liked) music videos among Gaga's videography.

When the video was released, it received a strong negative reception here on GGD.

But if you look at the video, it has over 1.8 million likes (with a 96.4% likes-to-dislikes ratio) and 237 million views on YouTube, thus making it one of her more popular, well received videos (metrics wise)

Besides the BW parts with a little cringeworthy acting aside, the music video still tells a story (feeling lonely and dejected, life behind the scenes of being Lady Gaga, getting help from friends who help keep her grounded and in good shape). Also,ย her shots in the pink ensemble playing the guitar are pretty well shot too and the overall aesthetic of the videoย fits the emotional, raw nature and sound of the song.

So why exactly do fans hate the video so much? Disliking it makes sense but is itย thatย bad that you hate it?

ย 

Discuss, and keep it cute pleaseย :vegas:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

200.gif

Very valid reason. Thank you

EgPlHWaWAAAg6p4?format=jpg&name=360x360

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

DiskoBaby

Itโ€™s a good music video. Itโ€™s nice to see a more stripped down version of her without the choreography and theatrics.ย 

AndyDWUW

It was a recycled apple music commercial right? ๐Ÿ˜ I think thats a huge reason.

ย 

seemed like cheap reused footage.ย 

Rudz Xinc
Just now, HybridAT said:

This is not a reason. Share your reasons or don't. Shady gifs are not productive to the discussion.

ย 

Thank you

EgPlHWaWAAAg6p4?format=jpg&name=360x360

We couldย get Taylor - Cardigan or Harry Styles - Falling type music video. Instead, we got guitar playing in white background.

Look at those clowns

raragaga
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Probably because they cut the best part from it.

https://twitter.com/Radi0_fire/status/960054217225527296

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

@Mirrion Rizzonsย is shooketh

xoxo

DiskoBaby

The video is actually better when you play Perfect Illusion, Millions Reasons and John Wayne together. They all connect and tell a complete story.

Because it had some footages she used for her Apple Music ad and everyone expected a better continuation to Perfect Illusion rather than what they got that was just her being saved by her friends

1 minute ago, Hebi said:

what they got that was just her being saved by her friends

And that is somehow not meaningful or substantive because....?

Archived